Project Management Software

Started by
4 comments, last by Slyxsith 6 years, 1 month ago

Morning all. For the last many years my indie software developments have been using an online tool called FengOffice to do development management. It's a power collaboration tool that supports multiple concurrent developments, file sharing, discussion, milestones, tasks and most importantly (for me) hourly tracking. My webhosts have recently started throttling the PHP memory and apparantly Feng is a huge PHP hog. I can change webhosts obviously but when I looked at the CPU/memory usage of Feng it was pretty heavy.

Does anyone have online collaboration tools/suites they use or would recommend? My requirements below:

Must Have:

- Task scheduling

- Time tracking by task/user

- Note sharing/discussion

- User access controls for various areas of the project (IE server guys dont need to see modelling guys tasks and progress.)

Nice to have:

- File Sharing

- Multiple project management

- Milestones

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Mark MacPherson
Flybynight Studios: Owner
Current Skillsets: Project Manager - Team Lead - Scripter - 2D Artwork - Basic 3D Modeller - Web Development - Marketing - Administration

Advertisement

JIRA (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira)

Nice, thank you. I have heard of Jira before but never used it. Can't hurt to sign up for a trial. $100 a year isnt bad. Seems quite feature rich.

Appreciate the input.

Mark MacPherson
Current Skillsets: Project Manager - Team Lead - Scripter - 2D Artwork - Basic 3D Modeller - Web Development - Marketing - Administration

People discussed management tools in this thread:

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom thank you for the link. Sorry I didnt use search before I posted. I scanned the first couple of pages for active threads. My bad. Just want to post this as a follow-up for anyone hitting this thread, HacknPlan appears to be a very viable platform. I havent used it or heard of it prior but seems very powerful. I am configuring it now and just very simple to use.

Thanks

Mark MacPherson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement