Looking for a farming game

Started by
1 comment, last by jbadams 6 years, 1 month ago

My kids started playing "township" (a popular farming game) on windows.

I don't like "free to play" games when it comes to children.

I don't like them exposed to ads, and I definitely don't like them being constantly pestered to buy stuff.

So I am looking for looking for an alternative.

However, since these are small kids (the youngest can't read yet), it has to be a game with a very good interface that's suitable for kids.

For example: "Farming Simulator" is out of the question, since it obviously designed for an older age group.

So I guess I am looking for highly polished "Triple A" quality game that I can buy for them.

I am not really familiar with the genre, but all I could find on the internet where ad-supported pay-to-win games.

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

Advertisement

Maybe Stardew Valley?  The NPC interactions may unfortunately be a bit beyond them at that age though.

I don't know if they have any suitable farming games, and they don't target Windows (they make mobile apps), but Toca Boca make excellent apps for kids - they're all paid up front apps with no ads or IAP - if mobile and up front payment is ok, maybe have a look at what they offer.

My 3yo loves Toca Nature (alter terrain, plant/cut trees, collect food, feed animals), and Toca Blocks (sort of a 2d Minecraft-ish thing).

//EDIT: They have a farm app that may be worth a look! :)

Hope some of that helps! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement