• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fr0st2k

[Hobby Project] Mobile RPG - Need Team (much already completed)

Hello All.

I have been working with a small team the last few months on development of a mobile RPG/gacha game, inspired by games like: Brave Frontier, Summoners War, One Piece Treasure Cruise, and even Diablo. 

The idea behind the game is to create a fun collection game that has a good amount of strategy, with a focus on creating a true game for gamers.  Not a corporate run money grabber like the majority of mobile games.

We have done a lot of work already on the game, however, I am at a point now where I need dedicated team members who have a passion for game development and the project.

Take a look at some of the screenshots of the game to get an idea of where we are.

The game involves collecting characters, and leveling them, to compete against more difficult encounters.  I took a lot of inspiration from my days playing Diablo 2.  If you boil down diablo's gameplay mechanics, you get a core game based around efficiency.  The better your items, the faster you can clear zones to the bosses, and the safer the battle with the bosses are.  After you kill the boss, you pull a slot machine lever and get more items.  The better your character(and skill), the more chances you get at pulling that slot machine lever.

This game uses that core mechanic in a mobile environment.  Instead of running through Act3 to mephisto, you send your characters out on an 'explore' mission.  A specific amount of time goes by based on your characters power, then you fight a strategic boss fight, where you can win loot.  The explore times range from a few minutes, to hours/days.  You can speed up that time by playing a 'tap' game, similar to Tap Titans.  

It is a great formula, and even without proper balancing, the game is already shaping up to be a lot of fun.

--- What I need moving forward:

Team requirements:

1. Lead developer / Senior Programmer (unity)

We need someone who is very fluent in unity game development, and someone who can lead a team of newer programmers. If you have been looking for a project that you can take control of, or need some resume building work that will provide a finished product to show off, this is a great position to fill, as the game is nearly complete already.

Ideally, this candidate would be proficient in unity client and server side programming

If you are interested in the position, we can talk profit sharing once the app launches.  (contracts will be required)

2. Programmers

If you are newer to programming, or just want to sharpen your skills and gain some experience on a game development team, reach out.  I'd be interested in talking to you and seeing if you are a good fit. 

I suspect an NDA might be required, but other than that, this position would be great to hop in and out of, and again, would be a great way to contribute to a great project and gain valuable experience.

3. Pixel Artist / Spine animator

Either or.  I am currently getting art from a team out in Indonesia.  They are great, but hard to communicate with.  I'd love to have a dedicated artist with Spine(or any alternative 2d pixel animation) experience.  

If you have interest in joining this team, please reply back.  Again, i'd like to reiterate, this is primarily a hobby based project.  However, it will eventually hit the app store and (ideally)generate income.  All team members will be a part of that revenue stream.

Please respond with any questions, would be happy to respond.

Screenshot_20180313-123314.png

Screenshot_20180313-123339.png

Screenshot_20180313-123359.png

Screenshot_20180313-123536.png

Screenshot_20180313-123542.png

Screenshot_20180313-123641.png

Screenshot_20180313-123656.png

Screenshot_20180313-123709.png

Screenshot_20180313-123808.png

Advertisement