• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Anthony Cao
      Hiiii, so ive been studying marketing in my own time and I have experiments i wanna try do to past recorded strategies of other marketing strategies. Also im on Redbull, Dr Pepper and a 48 hour energy mixture soooooo excuse my preppy nature on my typing and grammer usage. 
      As far as I can see I have a theory (actually I got hundreds of these), so as far as I know a game doesnt necessarily need to be advertised to be sucessful from the content publishers themself. There are other means to counter the forceful advertisment. Yea im not speaking of reviews and playthrews to go up in search ranking and relevancy tho that is a tactic that happens on its own. 
      Sooo whats on my mind today is that online games pretty much baits the players to spend money to look smancy, now what if the fancy panties were to be grabable in game without the need to spend actual money. Then no one would spend anything right? What if i told you there is a way to trick players mentallity using this method in order to get them to spend money. Your probably thinking to yourself "go to sleep Anthony you are drunk"... Im energy high theres a different... If a function were to be available in game for free then by all means players would go the free route, now if the free route was difficult to achieve the player would quit the game and you will have a fanbase on those rage quiters (Dark Souls, and binding of isaac). If the free route was easy to perform yet very time consuming and grindy then thats more hours spent on the game. Now heres the trick, what if the option to purchase instead of grinding was available? 
      Then the players would think, would they spend a full hour trying to fetch the item, which in a working net worth terms 10$... Or would they rather spend 3$ to get the item right away. 
      [deleted by moderator]
      This weird drink mixture is making me lo key depressed. 
      Alsooo what do you think about this marketing concept... 
    • By Noparadise
      Hi! I am new here, so if I made some mistakes tell me about it. Also English is not my native language.
      Let’s start. I am part of a young gamedev team. Now we don`t even have a title.
      Shortly about a game. Our project is a T-RPG in the style of a bright noir (the closest example is L.A. Noir), where the story revolves around the misadventures of a private detective and his mixed team of comrades-in-arms. The main rivals are not only gangsters who have entangled the city with criminal networks, but also policemen who disagree fundamentally with the methods of the main characters. But at the beginning we faced with a lack of statistic information.
      So, I want to ask you to tell your opinion about this conception. And, maybe, answer some questions from this Google Form: 
    • By MountainGoblin
      Hi everyone!

Let me represent my first game.

It's mix of arcade and logic (just a little).

Play Market:

Spiteful UFOs seized the hedgehog commune. Four hedgehog fighting commandos will not give them any chance to destroy it.
      Be the fifth member of the team. 
      Destroy alien’s bases!
      Save your friends!
      Use the commandos’ features to seize and destroy aliens’ bases. 
      You won’t be able to clean the commune from hateful aliens without rationality, speed and agility. 
      - 40 fascinating levels in different parts of the world;
      - 8 different locations.
      I'll wait for yours feedback. It's very important for upcomming updates!

• By oranssi
      This is an adult psychedelic fighting game with spirits of the natural elements. 
      Choose your character to represent an anthropomorphic version of the different elements. 
      Earth, fire, air, water and more. There are 28 Archelemental spirits to choose from. 
      Take on challenges to unlock goodies such as NSFW content, new areas and even make 
      your own Archelemental to play and to share it with others.

• By Fauton
      We recently launched our first Android indie game: The Cube, which is about adapting the platformer game mechanics to touchscreens.
      The Cube features 12 challenging levels and an endless mode, along with a simple achievements system.

We are constantly looking to update the game and hence, looking for feedback.

Download Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fauton.thecube

Trailer : https://youtu.be/-TDQP-ZC-sk

Playlist of all Gameplays and Speedruns : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSBJzXMf0Z575qgERDVEuGVosZm4cxjy

What is the best and the worst thing about the game?
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

I don't know if it's possible, but it'd be real nice if we could customize our front page portal.  I just noticed the current layout change when I logged in, and I found it quite jarring and busy looking.  I mean, I'll get used to it, so it's no big deal.  But still, it'd be nice if we could define our own layout. Also, you could offer it exclusively to one (or more) of your GDNet+ tiers, thereby incentivizing people to sign up for that feature (I would upgrade my account for this + ad free in a heartbeat).

To give an example: I really don't need (or want) the sections about contractors, game jobs, image of the day, upcoming events, who's online, etc...  It'd be nice if I could hide these or collapse them in some way.

I know this would not be trivial to implement, but if ever you get everything done, and you're so totally bored that you need something to do, then this is something you might want to consider? 

This left-column layout is under testing. I don't know if it will be permanent yet, but as an experiment it certainly introduces different UX characteristics than the right-column layout (the only change is moving right -> left).

Customization has been a long-standing idea here. In fact at one point in the early 2000's we experimented with a "me.gamedev.net" that would allow you to do just that. Unfortunately it didn't turn out very useful, or maybe it was just ahead of its time. Either way, we killed the idea.

Since then, another idea has been brewing in my head for a good 10+ years that I've started working on, and while you won't have full layout customization, a core tenet of the idea is to allow you to have more control over the content you see and are interested in seeing on GameDev.net. Recommendations, customization of content, and connecting with people are all central to the idea. My hope is that this will help with the concerns you bring up, or at least mitigate seeing information you don't care about.

I don't know how long it will take to get a beta up and running for this, but I'm working on it.