Tips for someone starting up?

Started by
2 comments, last by Anthony George 6 years ago

Hi everyone, i've recently graduated from full-time education and looking to get really stuck in with the gaming industry as a composer. (don't worry this isn't a hire me pitch)

All i ask is that you guys would help me out and listen to my tracks, give me some tips on how i can improve my overall composition skills and also if you could help with pointing out my unique selling points within my music to help me better sell myself when trying to pitch myself for employment?

My bandcamp page is Iainknights.bandcamp.com

i really appreciate any help i get 

www.IainKnights.com

www.iainknights.bandcamp.com

Advertisement

What DAW are you using?

I am not a pro by Any means Pretty much in the Same boat as you but one huge thing for me was to start using Splice sounds sample and other sample packs to ''SpeeD'' Up workflow. Video games and film have some cliche cinematic sounds that are often easy to replicate.

We should talk and try to both work toward our goals.

Instagram@nickMakMusic

Hello, thanks for posting your link here. It looks like you have a lot of works done already :)

My first suggestion is to gather all of your tracks into an album on bandcamp so that they are easier to browse. Or, at least I suggest that you create unique images for each track so that the listener can easily find the type of track they are looking for.

Sapporo VHS ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement