Survey: Are you interested in noir-style game?

Started by
5 comments, last by Noparadise 6 years, 1 month ago

Hi! I am new here, so if I made some mistakes tell me about it. Also English is not my native language.

Let’s start. I am part of a young gamedev team. Now we don`t even have a title.

Shortly about a game. Our project is a T-RPG in the style of a bright noir (the closest example is L.A. Noir), where the story revolves around the misadventures of a private detective and his mixed team of comrades-in-arms. The main rivals are not only gangsters who have entangled the city with criminal networks, but also policemen who disagree fundamentally with the methods of the main characters. But at the beginning we faced with a lack of statistic information.

So, I want to ask you to tell your opinion about this conception. And, maybe, answer some questions from this Google Form: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZXkOV_D_NrwzgYBnW7LswU1XSMtY8V2VxW47QNk1z4hZPIQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Advertisement

Hi, noparadise. Welcome to our forums. You posted this survey in the Writing forum, but when I look at your survey I do not see anything there about writing. So I'm moving this to the Lounge. The Writing forum is for writing/story discussions.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks. Next time I`ll be more careful.

Many people viewed my message, but not one response. What could be the reason for this? Did I do something wrong?

In many schools it is survey season.  Looking over the site's recent posts I see five new posts asking for surveys over the past week.  

In the interest of helping you, I'll tell you the answers to your survey question as they seem obvious:

Age.  It doesn't matter what game developer ages are.  Based on your game's description and the demographics of people who buy games, you'll target ages 15-30.

Gender. Doesn't matter what game developer genders are.  Both genders enjoy this style games.

Interest in the genre. Some people enjoy them, and based on sales estimates there are around 6 million copies of L.A. Noire sold. Certainly enough players to fund a game if it is high enough quality and has proper marketing.

Interest in playing games.  Irrelevant, unless you're trying to filter your survey results.

Interest in T-RPG. See the interest in genre question above.  Some people enjoy them, some people don't.

Interest in gangster movies.  Not particularly relevant, since there are people who despise movies but love the books and the games.

Ready to give money.  Nobody wants to fund your game until they can see it will be good. Build your demo and vertical slice before looking for handouts.

Thank you for your answer. This is very useful information. I did not even expect such a detailed answer. It was important for us to find out if this idea can be interesting for others, and we got it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement