Marketing idea

Started by
3 comments, last by frob 6 years ago

Hiiii, so ive been studying marketing in my own time and I have experiments i wanna try do to past recorded strategies of other marketing strategies. Also im on Redbull, Dr Pepper and a 48 hour energy mixture soooooo excuse my preppy nature on my typing and grammer usage. 

As far as I can see I have a theory (actually I got hundreds of these), so as far as I know a game doesnt necessarily need to be advertised to be sucessful from the content publishers themself. There are other means to counter the forceful advertisment. Yea im not speaking of reviews and playthrews to go up in search ranking and relevancy tho that is a tactic that happens on its own. 

Sooo whats on my mind today is that online games pretty much baits the players to spend money to look smancy, now what if the fancy panties were to be grabable in game without the need to spend actual money. Then no one would spend anything right? What if i told you there is a way to trick players mentallity using this method in order to get them to spend money. Your probably thinking to yourself "go to sleep Anthony you are drunk"... Im energy high theres a different... If a function were to be available in game for free then by all means players would go the free route, now if the free route was difficult to achieve the player would quit the game and you will have a fanbase on those rage quiters (Dark Souls, and binding of isaac). If the free route was easy to perform yet very time consuming and grindy then thats more hours spent on the game. Now heres the trick, what if the option to purchase instead of grinding was available? 

Then the players would think, would they spend a full hour trying to fetch the item, which in a working net worth terms 10$... Or would they rather spend 3$ to get the item right away. 

[deleted by moderator]

This weird drink mixture is making me lo key depressed. 

Alsooo what do you think about this marketing concept... 

Anthony Q Cao

Advertisement

Welcome to 2016, this is being done in a quite a few AAA games.  Typically called microtransactions, you can either grind or pay.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

7 minutes ago, Mike2343 said:

Welcome to 2016, this is being done in a quite a few AAA games.  Typically called microtransactions, you can either grind or pay.

Yea but the grinding in those games are very rng based instead of achievement based. 

Anthony Q Cao

Ideas are easy.  There are more of them than anybody can deal with.  It is unlikely to be viable, but it may work. Only the marketplace can decide just how terrible (or oddly successful) a change can be.

If you can attach it to a project and use it to make money then go for it.  If you can manage to make money more efficiently than the other methods, then congratulations.

The world needs experiments like that.  Most of them fail.  A small number are tried, are refined at great difficulty and sometimes expense, and eventually pay off. Good luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement