IADaveMark has been struck by a car as a pedestrian while attending GDC2018. His family is desperately seeking more information about this incident.

Started by
5 comments, last by slayemin 6 years ago

This is from twitter:

" My brother, @IADaveMark has been struck by a car as a pedestrian while attending #GDC2018 . He is currently at SF General with a brain bleed. His family is desperately seeking more information about this incident. Please contact me if you know more. Spread the word please."

I'm spreading it here in the hopes that more people see it. Please spread the word if you can. His brother is on Twitter: EagleEye1975

This is terrible news :(. I hope Dave recovers quickly.

Link to the GoFundme campaign, this campaign is intended to raise money for Dave and his family to help with expenses including travel, medical costs, and rehabilitation.  Essentially, anything they need.

Advertisement

I hope he recovers quickly and they find the person who did that.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Brain bleed! awww.  My prayers, my prayers for full recovery to him

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

I sent Dave a gift on behalf of GameDev.net. We've known him a long time, and while I didn't get a chance to sync up with Dave at GDC this year, I had a chance to speak to him at length at the Austin Game Conference last year and get to know him better.

Dave loves game AI, and he loves the community surrounding it. He does a tremendous job running the GDC AI Summit and in Austin talked with me about how he organizes it. His passion is deep and inspiring. 

This is the latest at this point from his family:

Update on @IADaveMark condition for those curious: 2x brain bleeds, hip fracture. He's stable, but still confused. Possible brain damage. He's confused, repeating the same questions. I don't have full information. Follow @lsreyn to keep updated.

We're all hoping @IADaveMark recovers fully.

Admin for GameDev.net.

From twitter: "He’s in the hospital ICU and we are helping via FundMe to help his family with all the medical bills. Please share and help if you can."

Here's the link to the FundMe.

I hope he has a speedy and full recovery, and that he gets everything he needs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement