What is the salary in the gaming industry?

Started by
4 comments, last by Ann Chufarlicheva 5 years, 11 months ago

Hey. I'm new on this forum. I and my friends create our first game. I'm drawing graphics and doing animation for our game. Well, I want to ask how much the artist or animator earns in the gaming industry. I plan to move to the US later this year. I want to try work in the gaming industry. I am from Russia.

Advertisement

You need to be more specific. Potential earnings can change depending on so many factors: (location, experience, position, company, supply and demand, ect...)

You'll need to find out where exactly in the US you're moving to, and the averages as a graphic artist for your level (I'm assuming you're a 2D Artist?). Nobody can give you an exact number because it varies. I've connected with artists making $30k a year, and others that made $75k+ a year.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Moving to the Careers forum. Ann, 

The industry used to survey everyone and publish annual salary information. Last time was 2014. This is still on the first page of the Google search "game industry salary survey" - https://www.gamasutra.com/salarysurvey2014.pdf

That Google search will also turn up some other sources - not sure how reliable those are.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Your salary depends on your skills. My friend 3d artist earns $ 5000 per month (LA). He works in a small gaming company. Also, a programmer in Facebook earns about $ 9,000 per month.

If you want, you can watch a video with subtitles about it. Hi from Ukraine, Ann. 

thanks for answers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement