New here, have music, feedback much appreciated!

Started by
8 comments, last by Raine Turunen 6 years ago

Hello all!

Finally got the courage to post some of my work here, any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! (Don't mind the low quality mp3's though, that's just my tinfoil hat making sure nothing gets stolen :)

Advertisement

Ok so for sunriseafterterror, I think the song should come in several seconds sooner after chord press. Here's why: people are impatient and on from one thing to the next. If you don't grab their attention quickly, they'll move on. Even potential employers. The textures and tones are really soothing though. It definitely made me feel at peace. So great job otherwise.

And side tip, no one's going to steal your music. It's exceedingly rare for soundtrack music to be stolen. Also, posting your song on soundcloud is a modern form of copywrite. This is because you will have proof that you were the first person to upload the song according to the listed date. And the more sources you post to (such as bancamp, YouTube, etc.) will enforce that even more.

I used to be worried about the same thing back in the day before doing extensive research.

So, it's extremely advised to upload a high quality version next time.

Was there another song you wanted feedback for?

Thanks for everything, joeyondaykeys! I'll be sure to keep everything in mind. As to having other songs, there should be five tracks visible to you as well. Feel free to tear me a new one :D

These are great, How long have you been in the music industry for?

SunriseAfterTerror was my favorite, although you should make it more dramatic, Almost like the "Bard sounds" from League of Legends. It sounds similar but a little more mysterious and cute vibe will be nice with this.

The Beginning of another game Developer...

8 hours ago, Kilapse said:

These are great, How long have you been in the music industry for?

Depends what you consider "music industry" :D

I used to play guitar for a living for a few years, until for several reasons that phase came to an end. Now I'm an avid collector of software synths and a happy hobbyist!

Thanks for the feedback as well, I'll be sure to look into LoL sounds for inspiration.

As far as I can judge these are great.

You're really nailing the soft crescendos and occasional changes in mood, so it doesn't get boring. I think it's important is that game soundtrack never gets too dominant. You can not be careful enough about this. But you're on a good path.

Do you have specific games in mind for these? Somehow I get some outlast vibes from the first one.

Keep it up!

56 minutes ago, Felis Nigripes said:

Do you have specific games in mind for these? Somehow I get some outlast vibes from the first one.

Keep it up!

Well, not really. I just doodle around with something until it vaguely resembles a tune. I'd love to try to make music to order though. Maybe some day. And thanks for the feedback!

I especially like the smooth mix between orchestral and dark synths in ChasedByABigBadWolf. Which library are you using?

I also agree that the dynamics in these tracks are well adjusted. The tracks really deliver.

Sapporo VHS ?

3 hours ago, Anthony George said:

(...) ChasedByABigBadWolf. Which library are you using?

Thanks! Haha, gotta love that hanszimmerception :P That ditty is actually an exercise in Logic's factory library. So yeah, Logic's factory library. Most of the synth sounds in my other songs are Arturia.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement