Modeller/animator or 2d art needed for topdown survival game!

Started by
3 comments, last by suliman 5 years, 10 months ago

Hi!

Are you interested in making the characters for this game? It's almost done in terms of features but I still do alot of balancing and tweaks. You will have lots of design freedom, but the characters need to somehow convey their function (splitter, exploder, normal soldier, quick and weak runner etc)

The units are all placeholder art for now and not animated. The view is pure topdown so all units can be rotated ingame, there is 6 monster types (zombies) and bandits, the player and (evil) marines! The engine is in 2d so the units can be either modelled and exported to spritesheets (i can deal with that) or handdrawn. See the pic below for a quick idea, or download and try the game from this thread!

At minimum the character needs a walking animation and an attack animation (for melee characters). Death animation is not strictly needed.

https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/696272-want-feedback-on-topdown-survivalaction-game/

screen1.png

Advertisement

Noone? If there is some info missing plz let me know. It's a fun game and it needs YOU for the characters! :)

Well, I'd be curious to know if it's paid work or not? That's good info to include. I'm a 2D digital artist with experience in character design, but I'm afraid I'd only be interested if the work was for pay and if it was fair pay for the work. ^^; Also, what exactly are you in need of on the 2D aspects? I'm assuming it mostly includes the character profiles and designs like these. https://www.google.ca/search?q=character+concepts&rlz=1C1CHBD_enCA717CA717&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixm_Sw_b7bAhXYCTQIHZDHD8AQ_AUICigB&biw=2133&bih=1027#imgrc=_

If not, I'm not entirely sure what it is you're in need of is all. ^^; 

This is "hobby projects classified" so no there is no pay. The project is just for fun and learning.

As I said it's pure topdown so no character profiles are needed, just topdown "sprites" (as you can see in my screenshots) but animated. Both concepts and actually making them and animating them. I can make use of sprite sheets or export sprites myself from 3d studio max or similar.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement