Spinning and other complex physics collisions

Started by
2 comments, last by Pygon 6 years ago

Hi all.

I was a member here a fair number of years ago (maybe up until 2003 or so?) with an interest in game development, but broke away for a while.  I've been spending some time putting together my own code base, and I'm at a place where I realized it might be useful to learn some methodologies for determining some complex physics situations.

I can determine collisions between spheres and polygonal objects just fine, but more complicated situations like two spinning rods striking each other in the air, or a spinning cylinder striking a wall, evade me.

Could anyone point me to any resources that might give me some insight about how to handle these kinds of detections?

I'm looking for methods to detect the exact time of collision given initial movement characteristics rather than simply seeing if two objects intersect, although that would be useful, too.

My apologies for not doing much of a search - I'm just not sure which terms to search on right now or where to go to get common resources.

Youtube channel: kilroy987  My Best Work

Advertisement

Everything you could want is in here, especially the pieces of GJK and continuous collision: http://box2d.org/downloads/

Thanks.  I'll sift through it.

Youtube channel: kilroy987  My Best Work

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement