• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By akshayMore
      Hello,
      I am trying to make a GeometryUtil class that has methods to draw point,line ,polygon etc. I am trying to make a method to draw circle.  
      There are many ways to draw a circle.  I have found two ways, 
      The one way:
      public static void drawBresenhamCircle(PolygonSpriteBatch batch, int centerX, int centerY, int radius, ColorRGBA color) { int x = 0, y = radius; int d = 3 - 2 * radius; while (y >= x) { drawBresenhamCircle(batch, centerX, centerY, x, y, color); if (d <= 0) { d = d + 4 * x + 6; } else { y--; d = d + 4 * (x - y) + 10; } x++; //drawBresenhamCircle(batch,centerX,centerY,x,y,color); } } private static void drawBresenhamCircle(PolygonSpriteBatch batch, int centerX, int centerY, int x, int y, ColorRGBA color) { drawPoint(batch, centerX + x, centerY + y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - x, centerY + y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX + x, centerY - y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - x, centerY - y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX + y, centerY + x, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - y, centerY + x, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX + y, centerY - x, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - y, centerY - x, color); } The other way:
      public static void drawCircle(PolygonSpriteBatch target, Vector2 center, float radius, int lineWidth, int segments, int tintColorR, int tintColorG, int tintColorB, int tintColorA) { Vector2[] vertices = new Vector2[segments]; double increment = Math.PI * 2.0 / segments; double theta = 0.0; for (int i = 0; i < segments; i++) { vertices[i] = new Vector2((float) Math.cos(theta) * radius + center.x, (float) Math.sin(theta) * radius + center.y); theta += increment; } drawPolygon(target, vertices, lineWidth, segments, tintColorR, tintColorG, tintColorB, tintColorA); } In the render loop:
      polygonSpriteBatch.begin(); Bitmap.drawBresenhamCircle(polygonSpriteBatch,500,300,200,ColorRGBA.Blue); Bitmap.drawCircle(polygonSpriteBatch,new Vector2(500,300),200,5,50,255,0,0,255); polygonSpriteBatch.end(); I am trying to choose one of them. So I thought that I should go with the one that does not involve heavy calculations and is efficient and faster.  It is said that the use of floating point numbers , trigonometric operations etc. slows down things a bit.  What do you think would be the best method to use?  When I compared the code by observing the time taken by the flow from start of the method to the end, it shows that the second one is faster. (I think I am doing something wrong here ).
      Please help!  
      Thank you.  
    • By menyo
      I have a MongoDB db on a server operated by Kryonet. Obviously I need to be able to query the database from the client for adding, removing, requesting all kind of assets. Now I have written the code to request, add and remove fighters on the Kryonet network I am wondering if there is a better way to do this. I feel it's a bit repetitive, especially when I need to implement this for all other assets the player can own and other players assets when needed. The way I am currently approaching this is the same as my chat/lobby system which works great but I was wondering if anyone could see improvement on my code or a complete different way that is much more scalable perhaps.

public class ClientAssets { public static final int FIGHTER_REQUEST = 1; public static final int FIGHTER_RESPONSE = 2; public static final int FIGHTER_ADD = 3; public static final int FIGHTER_REMOVE = 4; public static void Register(EndPoint endPoint) { Kryo kryo = endPoint.getKryo(); kryo.register(FighterRequest.class); kryo.register(FighterResponse.class); kryo.register(FighterAdd.class); kryo.register(FighterRemove.class); } static public abstract class AssetPacket { public int packetId; public AssetPacket() { } } /** * Packet to request all owned fighters */ public static class FighterRequest extends AssetPacket { public ObjectId playerId; public FighterRequest(ObjectId playerId) { packetId = FIGHTER_REQUEST; this.playerId = playerId; } public FighterRequest() { } } /** * Receiving fighter data from server */ public static class FighterResponse extends AssetPacket { public Fighter fighter; public boolean add; // Add or remove public FighterResponse(Fighter fighter, boolean add) { packetId = FIGHTER_RESPONSE; this.fighter = fighter; this.add = add; } public FighterResponse() { } } /** * Adds a fighter to player assets */ public static class FighterAdd extends AssetPacket { public ObjectId fighterTemplateID; public FighterAdd(ObjectId fighterTemplateID) { packetId = FIGHTER_ADD; this.fighterTemplateID = fighterTemplateID; } public FighterAdd() { } } /** * Removes fighter from assets. */ public static class FighterRemove extends AssetPacket { public ObjectId fighterId; public FighterRemove(ObjectId fighterId) { packetId = FIGHTER_REMOVE; this.fighterId = fighterId; } public FighterRemove() { } } } To elaborate a bit more, this code will communicate between client and server. When receiving a request on the server it will lookup the request in the database. The client will store it for displaying the assets. A specific thing I am unsure about is the FighterResponse.add boolean. I need to be able to remove and add fighters, I guess I am better off with a FighterAddResponse and a FighterRemove response so I will send one boolean less each time this packet is send. But this will create even more repetitive code.
    • By Sparsh Tyagi
      I recently released my first puzzle game for Android which is called here.
      It's a simple looking game which has 50 unique levels. Each level has its own logic and you have to find/make the word here in each level. There are also 3 hints per level just in case you get stuck.

I have never made videos in my life before but here's a quick look at the game:
      The reviews so far have been great and now I wish to share it with you guys.
      I would love to have any feedback or suggestions or criticism. It will help a lot!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techyonic.here

Thank you!

• By Alexander Winter

Jumpaï is a game about creating platformer levels and playing them online with everyone. Will you become the most popular level maker or will you be a speedrunner holding world records on everyone's levels? More into casual play? No problem! You can happily play through the giant level database or chill at people's hub. Meet new people, make new friends, learn to master the game by asking pros or ask for people's favorite tricks on level making. Download here: https://jumpai.itch.io/jumpa Discord: https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG   Trailer:      (The following screenshots are older but still a bit representative)  

Unlike other games of its genre, Jumpaï is about playing levels with everyone in real time. You have the fun to see how other people are playing and get to realize you are not the only one failing that jump!

The game is currently into development and still have lots to do. I am looking for people willing to help how they can. Developer? Graphist? Play tester? Sound designer? Game designer? I'm welcoming everyone. The project is so big I have a lot of work to do in all areas. Server backend, UI/UX, Game networking, Gameplay and even the website some day. As you can see from the default buttons, the game has been made with LibGDX. Update 2018-03-31: Still taking all kind of talents but we are in great need of graphists.

If you plan to take an important role into the development of the game, we will discuss how you will get paid once the game generates money. Note that I'm not working on the game full-time. I'm studying full-time and working on it is a hobby. It's been 16 months since it started.

So, are you interested? If so join me on my discord https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG and I'll answer all your questions.

Additionnal screenshots:

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

So the only difference between mine and scrawks code seems to be the code below.

Scrawk's code :

//Get the values in the 8 neighbours which make up a cube
                        for (i = 0; i < 8; i++)
                        {
                            ix = x + VertexOffset[i, 0];
                            iy = y + VertexOffset[i, 1];
                            iz = z + VertexOffset[i, 2];

Cube[i] = voxels[ix + iy * width + iz * width * height];
                        }

My code :

private static boolean checkIfExpose(Voxel[][][] voxels, int x, int y, int z, float[] cube) {

Voxel[] surroundingVoxels = getSurroundingVoxels(voxels, x, y, z);
		boolean bool = false;

for (int i = 0; i < cube.length; i++) {
			cube[i] = 0;
		}

if (surroundingVoxels[0].getMaterial().equals(VoxelMaterial.Air)) {

cube[0] = 1f;
			cube[1] = 1f;
			cube[4] = 1f;
			cube[5] = 1f;
			bool = true;

}

if (surroundingVoxels[1].getMaterial().equals(VoxelMaterial.Air)) {

cube[0] = 1f;
			cube[3] = 1f;
			cube[4] = 1f;
			cube[7] = 1f;
			bool = true;

}

if (surroundingVoxels[2].getMaterial().equals(VoxelMaterial.Air)) {

cube[4] = 1f;
			cube[5] = 1f;
			cube[6] = 1f;
			cube[7] = 1f;
			bool = true;

}

if (surroundingVoxels[3].getMaterial().equals(VoxelMaterial.Air)) {

cube[0] = 1f;
			cube[1] = 1f;
			cube[2] = 1f;
			cube[3] = 1f;
			bool = true;

}

if (surroundingVoxels[4].getMaterial().equals(VoxelMaterial.Air)) {

cube[1] = 1f;
			cube[2] = 1f;
			cube[5] = 1f;
			cube[6] = 1f;
			bool = true;

}

if (surroundingVoxels[5].getMaterial().equals(VoxelMaterial.Air)) {

cube[2] = 1f;
			cube[3] = 1f;
			cube[6] = 1f;
			cube[7] = 1f;
			bool = true;

}

return bool;
	}

Bare in mind my code is Java and his is C#. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Here's a link to the file overall : here

Edit : when I print out the value of a single cube to be rendered (a grid of 1 x 1 x 1) the corners all return 1, shouldn't that mean they are to be rendered?

Edited by thelordposeidon
More info

Advertisement