unity game developing help

Started by
4 comments, last by Light Yagami 5 years, 12 months ago

Hello everybody,

This is my first time doing anything like this and I need some advice. As part of my school assignment, I need to create an educational video game about mutation. Here is my idea - there are three levels, each level has two arcade type games and the number of points earned in each game is the level of mutation you can cause to your character. Ultimately in each level, the mutations you cause to your character in the game will result in how ready they will be for the boss battle at the end of each level. The first two levels will have an interactive text battle and level three will have animation. I need help creating this game and feedback to make it easier because of the time constraint. I will keep updating on how the game is but this is my first time with Unity so I would appreciate any sort of feedback. 

My game design document is attached if any of you want further details on the game. 

Game Design Development Template.docx

I'm just here so that people to help me out. 

Advertisement

Moving to For Beginners.

For your first game, the scope is about 10x too large. Plus, if you make it an educational game, the scope is even bigger because it must also teach in addition to being a game. 

Choose one activity that the player can do in a single scene -- for example, move and attack a stationary "turret" enemy -- and make that your first game.

To start, complete sections 1, 2, and 3 of the Unity Beginner Tutorials. You must know how to get around in Unity and perform basic tasks before anything else. If you don't know where to go after that, then post again for some assistance.

Remember, Rome was not made in a day -- but it was made, so stick with it. You can do it.

Unity Asset Store: Dialogue System for Unity, Quest Machine, Love/Hate, and more.

I agree with Tony Li, the scope is way too large here. I'm not sure what your requirements are for school, but I would suggest a one level game. If it's a learning game about mutation, maybe do something like one of those alchemy type games where you mix things together to see what you end up with. In this case, you could have something like a representation of a virus, and then add thing to it to mutate it. This is just a simple suggestion but I think it would be significantly easier than the action style game you are suggesting. 

15 hours ago, Tony Li said:

For your first game, the scope is about 10x too large. Plus, if you make it an educational game, the scope is even bigger because it must also teach in addition to being a game. 

Choose one activity that the player can do in a single scene -- for example, move and attack a stationary "turret" enemy -- and make that your first game.

To start, complete sections 1, 2, and 3 of the Unity Beginner Tutorials. You must know how to get around in Unity and perform basic tasks before anything else. If you don't know where to go after that, then post again for some assistance.

Remember, Rome was not made in a day -- but it was made, so stick with it. You can do it.

Thank you so much for your response and resources. I will keep your feedback in mind :)

I appreciate this a lot, thank you :)

I'm just here so that people to help me out. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement