How Do I run garageband on Windows 10 ?

Started by
5 comments, last by jbadams 5 years, 11 months ago

I already own a macbook pro on which i use garageband app for composing some really nice music loops and autotunes. i wish if there's any version of garageband that can run on my windows vista desktop too ?

Didn't find any on google so cam here ; )

Advertisement

Why not just get FL Studio instead? Running Apple based programs on Windows would be pretty hard.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

On 5/12/2018 at 2:56 AM, nsmadsen said:

Why not just get FL Studio instead? Running Apple based programs on Windows would be pretty hard.

Nothing is better than garageband. 

Didn't you tried to run it via installing MacOS on a virtual machine. I cam across this solution on a lot of blogs but i am afraid that it would be illegal kinda thing.

That's why thought to ask it here ?

7 hours ago, Batie Patterson said:

Nothing is better than garageband. 

Didn't you tried to run it via installing MacOS on a virtual machine. I cam across this solution on a lot of blogs but i am afraid that it would be illegal kinda thing.

That's why thought to ask it here ?

Garage Band is a nice toy but it doesn't hold a candle to production-quality audio creation software.

It would be illegal in most Western jurisdictions to run Garage Band under an emulator on Windows.  We can't help you with that here.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

"Nothing is better than garageband."

Um, lots of DAWs are. And Logic Pro is very closely related now to GarageBand so you could just go that route if you're willing to work on Mac... or create a Hackintosh. But other than that... you're gonna have to go with another DAW and there are SO many great options out there.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Approaching it another way, you're obviously a fan of garage band. What specifically do you like about it?

Perhaps we can recommend an alternative with similar features to whatever it is you like about Garage Band, which will be easier for you to get working on Windows.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement