• Advertisement

How to make cool sound effects for game. Which free tool is the most easiest to learn, now?

Posted (edited)

Hi I tried to make some game in canvas JS.

But dont know how to make sound effects like laser beam, I just add autoplay to some laser.wav and it is terrible.

I need not fixed time. Each voise should have random time like 2s, 3s, or 10s?

How to replace sound with another sound but not just replace but to make it slowly like animated.

Is there such ablity or any library?

Maybe some knew tutorial or book about sound game effects.

myHobby.bmp

Edited by rouman

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Adrian Bigaj
      Hello!

The game: https://www.combo-clicks.com/
      DEV blog (so everyone can read the journey and some history):
      http://www.combo-clicks-dev.com/
      TL;DR
      Feedback for Combo Clicks and also IDEAS for future games will be super appreciated (Hyper Casuals done in 3-4 weeks, each game with React Native).
      I will try to post on my blog atleast on weekly basis (both for gamers and developers) 
      Thank you!

• By Josheir
      I am getting very interested in the very popular JavaScript.  I would like to create games with it.   One thing that concerns me is the availability of the webpages' code to others.  I would really like to watch some movies on JavaScript but I don't know how to feel about people being able to copy my code (or for that matter if it is possible.)  Am I being unrealistic?  Are there means to make the code unreadable by the occasional viewer?  Perhaps it is just html5 and css3 that can be viewed with google chrome's view source and I am confused.
      Thanks in Advance,
      Josheir
    • By Josheir
      I took a hiatus of sorts and am thinking about switching from C++ to JavaScript.  It seemed like there was always a great response when I was into C++ here.  Where is the hottest area/areas for JavaScript questions.  I never had a question not responded to before!

Thanks,
      Josheir    
    • By Josheir
      I am considering writing a JavaScript browser game that uses three windows.  What I am wondering is after the initial load of the game will the web pages be ready and therefore quick enough for any user.  One problem would be that the third window would open and close so does this mean that there is a necessary reload of that seperate third window page code and images by the browser that would slow it down?

Thank you; it would be a fun project,
      Josheir
    • By BigBadMick
      Hey everybody,
      I'm currently working on a simple HTML5 game and my javascript collision detection function isn't working. The game features a little man that runs from side to side at the bottom of the screen, while a meteor falls from the sky. The function is supposed to detect a collision between meteor and man.
      In the routine, the top left corner of the man is at (player.x, player.y) and the top left corner of the meteor is at (meteor.x, meteor.y). The man is 25 pixels wide by 35 pixels tall. The meteor is 50 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall.
      Any idea where I've screwed in up this function?
      // ============================================================================= // Check for a collision between the 50 x 50 meteor and the 25 wide x 35 tall // main character // // Main character is drawn at 540 and is 35 tall, so the top of the character // is at y = 540 and the bottom is at y = 575. // // Function returns 1 if there has been a collision between the main // character and the meteor, otherwise it returns 0. // ============================================================================= function check_for_meteor_player_collision () { // edge positions for player and meteor var player_top = player.y; var player_bottom = player.y + 34; var player_left = player.x; var player_right = player.x + 24; var meteor_top = meteor.y; var meteor_bottom = meteor.y + 49; var meteor_left = meteor.x; var meteor_right = meteor.x + 49; var vertical_overlap = 0; var horizontal_overlap = 0; // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check for vertical overlap // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check if meteor bottom overlaps player if ((meteor_bottom >= player_top) && (meteor_bottom <= player_bottom)) { vertical_overlap = 1; } // Check if meteor top overlaps player if ((meteor_top >= player_top) && (meteor_top <= player_bottom)) { vertical_overlap = 1; } // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check for horizontal overlap // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check if meteor left side overlaps player if ((meteor_left >= player_left) && (meteor_left <= player_right)) { horizontal_overlap = 1; } // Check if meteor right side overlaps player if ((meteor_right >= player_left) && (meteor_right <= player_right)) { horizontal_overlap = 1; } // console.log("vertical_overlap = " + vertical_overlap); // console.log("horizontal_overlap = " + horizontal_overlap) // If we've got both a vertical overlap and a horizontal overlap, // we've got a collision if ((vertical_overlap == 1) && (horizontal_overlap == 1)) { return 1; } // if we've fallen through, we haven't detected a collision return 0; } // =============================================================================  
  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!