Seeking to learn by doing - Creating art for games

Started by
10 comments, last by Joseph Van Heurck 5 years, 11 months ago

Hay man,

From my experience its a lot easier to learn how to program and make games when you are doing it as part of an avid group. Learning off each other, constantly asking questions and solving problems together is so much less painful than developing solo.

Also game development isn't all programming/art/sound. One key thing that anyone of all skill levels can participate in is design, and being an artist can sometimes make it easier to communicate designs.

What your trying to do is a good idea, the more areas you know, the more you can participate in development as a whole, but remember...

All we need is somebody to lean on eeh ooh, eeh ooh, eeh ooh, eeh ooh.

Well, thats just in my experience. Just find someone whos willing to show you the ropes ropes and let you participate in the programming in exchange for art assets (with shared stake in the product of course). You don't need to be doing everything from the get go, you could just be changing numbers and writing basic lines of code here and there when needed. Make sure to also participate in the design process of the game mechanics too.

From my experience, programmers are always ALWAYS looking for serious contacts to work with and should be more then willing to work more directly with you if thats what it takes to have you on board.

If your ever willing to do a game dev jam and learn some programming with me or want to work on something more serious, message me. I'm thirsty for contacts.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement