Spartan Fist OST is out!

Started by
4 comments, last by nsmadsen 5 years, 10 months ago

Spartan Fist, a first person brawler I've been working on for a while, came out today! So I wanted to share the soundtrack with you all. 

https://madsenstudios.bandcamp.com/album/spartan-fist-ost-2

Spartan Fist is probably one of the most aggressive games I've ever scored! It's a first person puncher for crying out loud! :P When Megan Fox, the owner and creative force behind Glass Bottom Games, approached me about Emma Jones and her next adventure, I was definitely intrigued. Like with Hot Tin Roof, where we fused chiptune and noir style jazz together, we knew that we wanted to fuse chiptune music with something. But what? What style would best fit the gritty world of punching dudes so hard they explode?! 

The answer, of course, was punk. Chiptune punk. Not sure if that genre existed before hand but it does now. This soundtrack was definitely a stretch for me and it put me into some new territory but overall, I had a blast. And I hope you guys enjoy the OST and the game too! 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement

Nice vibe! Are these instruments recorded (Drums, Guitar, etc)? It's a very interesting combo, chiptune and real instruments; I think it fits the vibe of the game wonderfully!

Sorry for my late reply - we're in the middle of a cross-country move right now. :P

Thanks for the kind words! Only the guitars were recorded live, everything else is virtual. It was a very interesting and different soundtrack to attempt but I had a blast doing it! 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Very interesting, so the drums were done virtual too? I'm impressed with how real they sound.

Thanks - definitely different direction from my usual stuff but it was fun. 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement