Best places for a concept artist to offer services

Started by
2 comments, last by -Sirhc- 5 years, 11 months ago

Hiya GameDevs. :)

Name's Rolles, I am a freelance digital cartoon artist looking to advertise my services for some future game development projects. Problem is, I'm new to this industry and I'm really not sure where to start. xD

I'm currently working on a per commission bases and I have been for several years now. I find jobs through my online galleries I use such as Deviantart, and I do really good on there currently, but lately I've found what I really enjoy doing is concept work, especially for game design,  and so I'd really like to get into doing more of that. Designing characters mostly, but my skills have broadened enough over the years where I feel I'm ready to take on most any 2D style gaming projects.

So my question I need help with is, where would a good place be online, to begin offering up my services?  

Any help pointing me in the right directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx! ^_^ 

Advertisement

Rolles, you can avail yourself of this site's Careers section. You can participate in our discussion community. Other game development sites like Gamasutra and GamesIndustry.biz may also be useful to you. Here in Game Career Development, we usually get questions about full-time employment rather than freelance work. Maybe the artists and aspiring artists (in other words, your competition) who post in the 2D and 3D Art forum can offer you some other advice.  Good luck!

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanx, for the suggestions. I'll give em a look for sure. :D

I do freelance work for the moment, but full time positions on larger projects are more of what I'm looking to break into actually. More in the Indie realm of things however, on smaller teams, I think my skills would be best suited there and it would help give me the inside experience to hopefully someday start my own indie game projects. I could honestly just jump right to that option now....but development takes time and most of all, money... and currently if I'm not working for paid gigs, then I can't sustain my living. So I can't currently take time away from drawing for others to do my own projects...because my own projects unfortunately, wouldn't pay right away.  

Anyway, thanx again for the help. Tis greatly appreciated. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement