What is the best engine for browser based fps game.

Started by
6 comments, last by d000hg 5 years, 10 months ago

Hi,

i am new to web development and I am needing advice on what I should use to produce a 3D FPS game.

my target to make a browser based FPS game, similar to shellshockers.io on how that was made.

and if there is any tutorials that could help.

Advertisement

Probably the most popular would be Unity, I use THREE.js, and there is also Babylon.js.  The last two are API's.

38 minutes ago, Awoken said:

I use THREE.js

I second THREE.js, really easy to use and powerful.

I did not know shellshockers.io thank you. I can only encourage you to develop a  browser based FPS.

@Scouting Ninja and @Awoken, is there any useful tutorials that could help or anything that could point me in the right direction?

www.threejs.org will have all the resources you need with examples of almost everything and documentation as well.  It is still actively developed by a dedicated community and if you have any questions there is great support for any problems you may have.  I may even be able to assist with any bumps you come along as will others here.

Also you can check out my blog here

To get you up and rolling with Three.js in about 3 minutes.
I recommend Chrome, I find it is best suited for my needs.

We are using 3JS on a project I manage and though I am not a developer on it, I've been impressed and the developers are very keen on it.

I suppose it's reelvant to ask if this is only ever going to be a browser app - I'd be interested in a similar question to the OP, if mobile apps and desktop versions were possible and you didn't want to write multiple clients in different programming languages.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement