Game developments for beginnners

Started by
5 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 5 years, 10 months ago

What softwares should I prefer for like really basic game development,and basic requirements for starting into this

Advertisement

Have you had a look at the Resources? It's a good starting point, with lots of information. Spend some time reading what seems interesting/relevant there ?

Hello to all my stalkers.

1 hour ago, Anikieth said:

What softwares should I prefer

A beginner should aim to use only low cost or free stuff. Try the trails of software but don't buy before you tried.

Games are made of many parts, with Visual art, sound, writing, design and code being the main categories. Each of these has it's own related software. If you dived in and bought everything you need, you would be stuck with tons of software you don't need, or couldn't learn.

Starting With Unity (2D/3D engine and has a build in code editor), Gimp as your 2D software, Blender as your 3D software, Audacity for sound. This is what most developers start with.

All of the above software can be used for free, Unity has terms.

As you gain more experience you will see what software you need to change where.

If you are more serious you take a compiler, visual studio 2017 you can download for free, then install the C++ compiler.

If you take unity you learn another not so common language, most games are made with C++, so you better start learning the correct stuff before your brain is all messed up by this Csharp language, learn 1 language only not 2 is my best advice.

Besides you want a very basic game, so you dont need to learn a super complicated game engine like unity.

Take the C++ and learn the basic stuff, dont expect to much instant results like you would have with unity,

Or go ahead and take some one elses advice who can help you more on the way, its your choise.

If you dont know anything about how a game engine would work i also suggest to take a look at everything also unreal edittor and whatever for some basic knowledge before you start with more complicated projects.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

What about all those free programs like Game Maker, Construct 2, Godot? Are those good for an absolute beginner?

1 hour ago, HomeBrewArcana said:

What about all those free programs

Neither GameMaker or Construct is free. Godot is free and it's a good place to start.

5 hours ago, the incredible smoker said:

If you are more serious you take a compiler...

That is a bit close minded. :) "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Programming languages, engines and libraries are just tools. Sticking to only one is like trying to use a hammer to do everything.

There is a lot of merit from learning to make a game from scratch. Yet there is even more merit in trying everything and learning something from every style.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement