game programming

Started by
12 comments, last by frob 5 years, 10 months ago

i'm a ug student pursuing information technology, can i go in game industry as a game programer

Advertisement

I assume you're asking if your qualification is suitable to be hired in games?

Could you be a bit more specific? What course are you doing, and which institution is the "ug" you're speaking of?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Ajeeth, anything is possible. It's usually preferred that beginner programmer applicants have a Computer Science degree rather than an IT degree. But you can get hired if your portfolio is better than the other applicants'. When are you scheduled to graduate?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I'm doing btech information technology

"btech"=BattleTech? I am familiar with the BattleTech universe. But that doesn't seem to be relevant to your situation. Can you try to communicate more clearly with us so we can give you helpful answers?

Could you try to explain without any abbreviations so that everything is clear?

What did you mean by "ug" in the first post, and "btech" in the second one?

When do you graduate, and have you been working on a portfolio? 

Where in the world do you live, and are you planning to move or do you want to stay there?

- Jason Astle-Adams

A BattleTech information technology degree probably wont be enough.  I'd recommend at least a BattleTech software engineering degree, or a related field like BattleTech physics, BattleTech math, or something like that... as long as your programming skills are decent.

I believe in this case "btech" is "Bachelor of Technology".  Apparently that's a common abbreviation in some places, but it can refer to a lot of different courses.

How many years is your degree course @Ajeeth Thangaraj? How long until you complete it?

- Jason Astle-Adams

1 minute ago, jbadams said:

I believe in this case "btech" is "Bachelor of Technology".

OK. Wasn't sure if it was maybe the name of a learning institution in India. 

I'm not sure either, but that seems most likely, and I wanted to cut off any more "battletech" talk given that's obviously not relevant. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement