Short Story Into Game

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 7 months ago

I'm writing a sprawling fantasy series. I've written shorter stories in the world I'm creating. I want to turn one of those short stories into a game. It can be 2D. It's about dragons. There's a story arc below that shows a starting point and an ending point. Details will be given if there's anyone interested. I'm a storyteller but I don't have much knowledge on game development. It would be an adventure game with light rpg elements. 

Synopsis: A young man with a very special gift returns to his mountainous home to find it invaded by a cult. The community he's been a part of his whole life has been cut off by the king to ensure the cult's influence remains limited as it's very influential. This cult believes the dragon they follow and worship rests in the mountains and with the king pulling his soldiers out, the cult can begin its dig underground. The young man learns that the last individual with the same special gift who held a coveted seat on the council was killed by the cult during the cult's takeover of the village community. The young man, like others with the same special ability as him, vied for the seat on the council but he was turned away either for his own safety or because of council secrets. The cult has its own members with this same special ability and they're very intimidating. The community is oppressed for months. Tired of this oppression and feeling abandoned by his king, the young man sets out with a few new comrades to battle this cult, putting on display his own talent with this special gift.They make it their mission to sabotage the cult's dig into the mountains in hopes the cult doesn't awaken their dragon. They also make it their mission to defeat the cult members who posses the special ability. They are successful with this and he is appointed to the coveted seat on the council. 

Thanks

Advertisement

That wasn't so bad at all. 

On Hiatus this month. Will be taking a brief vacation from work. Got my F-150 working again so I bought a few items including fuel wheels to use for the road trip.

A lot of new developers use RPG maker, and it seems like it would work for you as well.  Because its functionality is limited to "press 'use' on things" and "turn-based combat," it's simple to use and has a well-documented help section.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

2 hours ago, Lendrigan Games said:

A lot of new developers use RPG maker

This thread was more than 2 months dormant before nikko necroed it.  Locking thread.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement