Tower Defense almost over!

Started by
9 comments, last by Rutin 5 years, 9 months ago

Hey everyone, we're coming to the last 36 hours of the Tower Defense challenge.

Let's see those submissions!

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

Just finishing up a wave prototype. :) I think I'll be putting in an all nighter to finish this up for tomorrow.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Although I was a bit creative with the requirements .. you can't actually upgrade towers, but you can repair them. And you can't place towers anywhere off the path, the blocking buildings etc form part of the difficulty. :) There's also still a bug, occasionally when towers are destroyed the tower references get screwed up and enemies can attack the wrong tower. But it's pretty rare and not that obvious.

I didn´t make it, there was too much stuff going on. Right know i have a playable prototype with bare minimum game mechanics and dev gfx, but nothing more. I even didn´t had time to create a short video showing my progress ?

Maybe i will write down a blog entry about what went wrong...

2 hours ago, Finalspace said:

I didn´t make it, there was too much stuff going on. Right know i have a playable prototype with bare minimum game mechanics and dev gfx, but nothing more. I even didn´t had time to create a short video showing my progress ?

Real life often intervenes! :) Speaking for myself I would be very interested to see anything from the prototype, a blog entry is a good idea. I am currently testing Awoken's for the rush for the deadline!

6 hours ago, Finalspace said:

Are you able to meet the minimum requirements with bare gfx? :) We have until July 7 2018.

I'll be updating my blog about my progress soon! I had so much work to do on another game and didn't have time to work on it, but I'm taking today off to finish up.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Entry Submitted   :

Blogs : EA Blogs

Project page : Earth Allegiance

@khawk What time zone will you be using to mark the end of this challenge? It's 1:58 PM MDT right now, just trying to see if I have enough time. :) 

Programmer and 3D Artist

50 minutes ago, Rutin said:

What time zone will you be using to mark the end of this challenge?

Fair question. I actually meant to put that in the challenge description. To be as fair as possible worldwide, end of day for timezone UTC -12 - so for you that would be 6:00am MDT July 8.

Also, it's worth mentioning that I'll be waiting to award and compile the finishers until after the time has completed.

I also have the next challenge lined up - something a lot different than usual for these types of things - but if there are any nominations I'm certainly open to considering them.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Just now, khawk said:

Fair question. I actually meant to put that in the challenge description. To be as fair as possible worldwide, end of day for timezone UTC -12 - so for you that would be 6:00am MDT July 8.

Also, it's worth mentioning that I'll be waiting to award and compile the finishers until after the time has completed.

I also have the next challenge lined up - something a lot different than usual for these types of things - but if there are any nominations I'm certainly open to considering them.

Awesome! So there is still hope for me! :) 

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement