tower-d submission: Space Box

Started by
15 comments, last by h8CplusplusGuru 5 years, 9 months ago

code can be found here:

https://github.com/nicholaskomsa/gamelib

Advertisement

Is there a ready made build? :)

is there is a windows download link on the project page? There should be a towerdefense.zip, contains towerdefense.exe

1 minute ago, h8CplusplusGuru said:

is there is a windows download link on the project page? There should be a towerdefense.zip, contains towerdefense.exe

Ah silly me I only clicked on the code link! doh! :)

does it work ok?

Hmm, not having much luck yet because I haven't got a win64 pc working yet. I have 2 old pcs with win32 but I think yours and eddie's require 64 bit. And I have a win64 PC but it won't safe boot so I can downgrade the video resolution for an old monitor grrr!! Will have to try and sort out tomorrow.

ya its 64 bit =( Didn't think that would be a problem for anyone though!

Ok, a direct-x config was messed up, fixed it. Probably wasn't working for anyone that may have tried it. Uploading an opengl version now.

Ok I decided to try out running VirtualBox on my linux rig and installing the microsoft win10 development evaluation VM (as I need to evaluate this myself anyway for doing windows builds). It runs very slowly but does seem to run. So I tried both your versions, first I was getting fail because it needed the visual studio 2015 runtime dlls, interesting that they are not available on win10 fresh install. So I installed these and now I am getting this exception on both of your builds:

Ogre::InternalErrorException: Could not load dynamic library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9. The specified module could not be found. in DynLib::load at c:\users\nick\documents\programming\lib\src\ogre\ogremain\src\ogredynlib.cpp (line 112)

Which is kind of wierd as the dll file is there in directory. I just double checked and this win10 has extracted the zip with the folders just in case that was the problem. If I get a chance I'll try it if I can get my win64 PC working, maybe someone else can test it out?

I finally got my windows 8 64 working on my tv and it worked straight off. So not sure what the ogre errors were about in windows 10.

Plays very well! :) And good frame rate. Took me a little while to figure out what to do, you have reused a previous game for the ship and the asteroids? It works though and makes for quite a different playing experience! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement