Copyright question

Started by
4 comments, last by vloxflox 5 years, 9 months ago

Hi I came to this website before when I started getting interested in game design and such, but I became busy and left. I am now working on making some music of my own via Forte Standard. I have some songs I think are good (mainly one), but I don't know how to find out if it violates copyright or not. Does anyone know how I can find out if my ideas have already been used or not?

Advertisement

There is no practical way to do what you want. However, providing you didn't deliberately set out to copy someone else, if you are writing your own music then the chance of you infringing copyright is close to zero.

WTF???

Is this what everyone else is seeing or is my browser bugging out?

1188687267_ScreenShot2018-07-17at1_52_44PM.thumb.png.27131b6aaa7ec4634b0706d19c8b1c70.png

This is my placeholder signature

Yeah, I saw that. Your post was edited - I'm assuming not by you. Have you changed your user credentials? I think your account may have been hacked. 

I fixed it back to what you had originally posted. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

As far as I know, it is possible to infringe your publisher's authoral rights by using material you've provided the, IIRC that could be classified as self-plagiarism. Aside from that, I don't see why not.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement