How to react when people say my game looks like shit?

Started by
47 comments, last by Volterbolt 5 years, 8 months ago

Granted I haven't bought a modern PC game for about 10 years, but I really liked the clean look in your screenshots. I'd be pleased to make something as shitty as that.

Advertisement

I love it when people try to turn down my efforts because it makes me work harder or it makes me think that they are not capable of doing things that I do.

I mean, you COULD go the Phil Fish route, and tell them they look like shit :D

I might be looking at update pics. But I think the game looks great. I am a huge fan of a good TD game. :D

16 hours ago, lonewolff said:

I might be looking at update pics. But I think the game looks great. I am a huge fan of a good TD game. :D

Yea, he did a nice update since the first versions we had seen. Amazing work. :) I believe he is now looking for a 3d artist to add more polish.

Programmer and 3D Artist

[edit]

Oops, posted in wrong thread. Too many tabs open :D

20 hours ago, lonewolff said:

4 hours ago, Rutin said:

Yea, he did a nice update since the first versions we had seen. Amazing work. :) I believe he is now looking for a 3d artist to add more polish.

Thanks, guys! :)

It's true, I was looking for a 3D artist as well as some playtesters. And I am lucky enough to find a 3D artist who also agreed to be a playtester :)

I think it's been suggested, and i'll add to that, the solution that works in every module in life.

Never listen to people who criticize without giving you any solutions on how to make things better. 

If they say your design, idea, game, the way you live, anything sucks. Ask them, how can i make it better? 

And if they cannot answer this, why would you listen to someone who talks about what they don't even know how to make better. How do they know that yours is worse?

I hope it helps :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement