Bits & Pieces Music

Started by
63 comments, last by BitsNPiecesMusic 4 years, 5 months ago

Good afternoon! I finished another track today! Again, I went a tad outside of what I'm comfortable with and just went with it. This is more of an industrial/robotic track that I would say could belong in a beat 'em up. 

As always, feedback is welcome. :) Thank you!

Advertisement

Evenin', everyone! This isn't a track, but is instead another video I posted regarding music. This one is all about repetition. 

Thanks for checking it out!

Good morning, everyone! I've got another track for you. This one is again quite experimental for me. No video game samples used this time; just church organs, strings, bells, and drums. I am curious if you think the strings are too quiet when they are first introduced. Also, do you think the ending is too subtle? I feel I could extend it a little bit and have it end on a more dramatic note.

I appreciate any feedback you might be able to offer!

Thanks! :)

Hey, everyone! So, I made another track over the weekend and just completed it this morning. It's another somewhat experimental track, that will be on "The Forgotten Legend" OST that I'm working on. This is another one that I tried without any drum loops, and I think it works pretty good. 

I was trying to capture a forestry feel that also has a slight sense of urgency and uncertainty. Using repetition, I tried to keep the same organ sample throughout the song, and I think the violin plucking helped set the mood. There is also a chip sample in there, and that was intentional as well. 

I appreciate your feedback. :) Thank you!

I really like this cue but feel it really needs to go to another chord. You're just kinda dwelling on the C minor for the entire track. This can be cool if then you go to a really nice, somewhat unexpected harmony. 

Also considering bringing down the level of certain elements when you have new instruments join in. For example, the plucked string at :03 in then get slightly softer when the other synth ostinato comes in at 0:09. This will help redirect the ear, give the mix more space and keep things evolving nicely. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

@nsmadsenThank you for the feedback! One of my biggest challenges is harmonizing, and I admit that I wasn't sure where to "take" the song next. But this is another one that I'll be working on when I'm back from my vacation.

I really appreciate your input!

Good morning, folks! Sorry for the brief silence, but I was on a much-needed vacation. 

I finished a track this morning. It's another experimental track that I wanted to feel like a chase scene. Two things I've noticed: the plucks sound a little "disorganized" if that makes sense, and I'm torn between fixing them or leaving them in (the disorganization could reflect the frantic nature of being chased). The other thing is that, as I keep learning, I may need to lower the volume of some of the instruments as I introduce more into the track.

But, I'll let you be the judge(s):

As always, thank you for listening and for offering feedback!

I revisited my Forest of Enchantment track, and tweaked it a bit. I tweaked the volume, added a little to the middle to vary it up, and am overall happy with it. I'm still not sure if I like the original better, but this does sound a lot nicer! Thanks @nsmadsen for the feedback!

Happy listening, everyone! :)

I know I uploaded a revamp of a track this morning, but here's another 8-bit track I worked on. The challenge for this album will be to use nothing other than 8-bit sounds (reverb, etc., are allowed, but I'm also trying to shy away from those).

Thoughts? :)

Good morning, everyone. I'm thankfully finally feeling better. I did end up working on a short track this weekend. Started it Saturday morning and finished it this morning. It's just over 2 minutes. Here's what I've got thus far.

I actually got some tips on using the sidechain effect, and I'm digging what it can do to a track. It's giving the bass in this track that "umph" it needs. Any and all feedback is welcome. This is more within my comfort zone, but I'm okay with that. I was so sick last week that I didn't have the strength to work on any music, so I wanted to start getting my creative juices flowing once more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement