MMOFPSRPG

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 9 months ago

I'm brazilian, and my english is very bad because i've never had a class, so please disconsider all of my spelling errors and mismatch.
I have always dreamed of a MMOFPSRPG game, like a MMO Far Cry with quests and bosses, or like a Gun Gale Online (without the nerve gear :v ), but i have no idea of how to programming a game, i really want to learn it someday but for now i have no time, so i think how would be a MMOFPSRPG game in the same GGO vibe, like obtaining good guns and armors in bosses or crafting, with PVE and PVP areas, with quests and events, and maybe it could be made in UE4, or a Arma III mod, or something.
It is a good idea?

Advertisement
56 minutes ago, Lucas Carvalho said:

It is a good idea? 

An idea is as good as it's execution.

What you mentioned sounds like an AAA-title, which requires a huge amount of effort to be put into it's execution, since you don't have a team (nor programming skills) you can't execute so i would say it's a bad idea.

4 hours ago, Lucas Carvalho said:

I'm brazilian, and my english is very bad because i've never had a class, so please disconsider all of my spelling errors and mismatch.
I have always dreamed of a MMOFPSRPG game, like a MMO Far Cry with quests and bosses, or like a Gun Gale Online (without the nerve gear :v ), but i have no idea of how to programming a game, i really want to learn it someday but for now i have no time, so i think how would be a MMOFPSRPG game in the same GGO vibe, like obtaining good guns and armors in bosses or crafting, with PVE and PVP areas, with quests and events, and maybe it could be made in UE4, or a Arma III mod, or something.
It is a good idea?

What you are describing would likely take a team of 20+ people who already have 10+ years of experience 3+ years to complete if they are extremely efficient.

I might recommend starting with one of the tutorial games in Unity, like roll a ball, and see where that takes you.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Lucas Carvalho said:

It is a good idea?

There is a very big difference between dreaming about a game and actually making said game. Like stated prior an idea is only as good as its implementation.

If your idea is implemented well it can turn into an amazing game, the same applies to poor implementation causing a game to fail. Ideas are a dime a dozen, but the ability to create masterpieces from those ideas is far and few.

Yes you could make this game within UE4, or by modding a game that already has enough foundation to support the concept.

You'll need several team members with a variety of skills to pull it off though, and usually the 'modding' route is much more easier to get into for quicker results if you can find a game that only needs a few tweaks.

Best of luck.

Programmer and 3D Artist

8 hours ago, Lucas Carvalho said:

It is a good idea?

Sure! The problem, like everybody also said, is getting it made. Your first step: write the idea down.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement