New Vlog Series - offering free advice, input and thoughts on life as a working composer/sound designer

Started by
61 comments, last by nsmadsen 1 year, 9 months ago

Thank you!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement

Episode 12: Silencing the Internal Editor is now out! Go check it out. This is a problem I believe almost everyone (if not everyone) struggles with at some point or another. 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Here's episode 13: Networking - The Good and the Ugly

Networking: how to do it and how NOT to do it. This is all based on an experience I had THIS week with someone on Facebook in one of the music/composing/audio nerd FB groups I take part in. Note: It wasn't from Business Skills for Composers. Some good lessons here that we could all learn from. Check it out.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Episode 14 is now out! This highlights two bad examples of marketing and how to do better in both cases. And there's a great Simpsons reference too. Curious? You know you are! 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Episode 15 took a bit longer to get published but here it is! 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Here's episode 16! 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Interestingly, I think in a way, stress can help us create better songs/SFX. Think of it: if making music was easy, we wouldn't give the second effort to improve our songs. The feelings we get when we notice that something is off or missing is no doubt a useful tool.

Alec Weesner | Video-Game Composer

www.alecweesner.com

For sure! And I've found that when I have a sudden deadline (high pressure job) my focus and intensity really kick into gear. But there's always a balance - too much stress can lead to inaction and insecurity. 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Episode 17: Delight Your Costumer! Check it out. Look for ways to surprise and delight your costumers (clients). It makes a difference! 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Episode 18 is now out. Go check it out! 

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.