how to put a sign on part of a code

Started by
4 comments, last by irreversible 5 years, 8 months ago

Most of the time i need to put a sign in my code to be able to find it again fast. I work on visual studio c-sharp. to do this i just add a bug to it but i think there is a right way to do this. Can anyone tell me how can i do that?

Thank you for helping.

Advertisement

Have you tried the bookmark addon from the marketplace (it's free)?

Sure, have a look at the @todo comment annotation (or in c# I believe it's ///TODO).

Every good IDE has a way of listing all these todo lines with their comment, file and line number.

Good luck with your project :)

Visual Studio has bookmarks built in.  The default hotkey is CTRL+K+K.  (View -> Bookmark Window).  These are saved on your computer only, so other people on your team won't see them.

For things you want the whole team to see, // TODO comments show up in the "Task List" window (View -> Task List).  I believe you can customize the comments that it looks for as well.

15 hours ago, Nypyren said:

Visual Studio has bookmarks built in.  The default hotkey is CTRL+K+K.  (View -> Bookmark Window).  These are saved on your computer only, so other people on your team won't see them.

For things you want the whole team to see, // TODO comments show up in the "Task List" window (View -> Task List).  I believe you can customize the comments that it looks for as well.

This.

Another approach I use to track, say, temporary globals is by marking them with an empty preprocessor define:

#define _GLOBAL

_GLOBAL static int32 myTempGlobalVar = 0;

This makes it easy to track down all the globals (which can accumulate over time) at a later time without having to keep tabs on them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement