I'm having some audio routing problems with Wwise

Started by
3 comments, last by jkuehlin 5 years, 8 months ago

I can't find the i/o config in Wwise that will allow me to route audio out the s/pdif and optical outputs of a MOTU 828 mk2 or a Pro Tools HD i/o rig. I have no other game engine or DAW running with it, just trying to get audio out of Wwise.

I'm on a mac pro (chess grater). My signal chain is as follows:

Wwise -> Mac Pro (firewire) -> Motu 828mk2 -> S/pdif (output channels 11-12) -> CraneSong Avocet 2a -> Focal SM9 (different converter)

My drivers are definitely working. I can play all other sounds out the Motu. 

When I import a single audio sample into Wwise and hit the play button, I can see the audio signal output on the LED's of the MOTU i/o on the default output 1/2 stereo audio channel. What I want to do is tell Wwise to do is send that master bus output to channels 11-12 which is where my S/pdif cable is patched to.

I attempted to pass it through the HDX cards to see if I could get it to work and I can not for some reason.

Wwise -> Mac Pro -> HDX -> Avid HD i/o -> Lightpipe -> Cransong Avocet 2a -> Focal SM9

So where is the audio I/O config in Wwise?

This is my placeholder signature
Advertisement

https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/2017.2.5_6619/?source=WwiseProjectAdventure&id=setting_audio_channel_configuration

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

?? I have the I/O in the audio midi setup patched to the s/pdif output, and youtube/itunes etc plays through it just fine. 

Isn't this suggesting that's where Wwise should be sending the audio signal? It's not. When I play the audio in wise it still attempts to come through outputs 1-2

Here's a screenshot of the audio preferences.

1603881949_ScreenShot2018-08-02at5_06_45PM.thumb.png.28ffba81fb33a1ea70679acb268451ff.png

Ugh. Figured it out! Audio system must be set to 'direct sound', then the HW device can be selected. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement