• Advertisement
Sean O'Connor

R&D Evolving neural networks

On 8/5/2018 at 11:59 PM, Nypyren said:

Sometimes developers also try to make their own lives easier - perhaps they can't get access to motion capture equipment.  If NNs are easier and more well-understood for your team than mocap, by all means use them.

yeeeah, I guess I didn't consider that, that's a good point. Idk, mocap equipment isn't as elusive in price as it you used to be, no? I mean, you can do some pretty legit stuff with an array of kinect cameras under a grand. Sure, nowhere near AAA quality, but that's out of scope in 90% of cases here anyways i'd imagine. 

Advertisement

Neural Networks are for machine learning right?  I guess you could use them to create an increasingly fit AI which learns the players behaviour patterns and how best to counter them.

Game AI always gets stale once you understand how its working, an evolving AI would be more exciting to compete against with more unpredictability if used with an evolutionary algorithm which would introduce random mutations in behaviour.