Looking for advice for creating a sic-fi fighting game

Started by
25 comments, last by GreyOrange223 5 years, 7 months ago
2 hours ago, GreyOrange223 said:

an ancient Chinese emperor mummy with sand powers,

How about a living Terracotta warrior.  The general, of course.  He fights with a pike and bow, which instead of shooting arrows shoots a stream of sand.

Advertisement
17 hours ago, krb said:

How about a living Terracotta warrior.  The general, of course.  He fights with a pike and bow, which instead of shooting arrows shoots a stream of sand.

That's the name. I couldn't figure it out before. I just knew they were based on sculptures, thanks. Although I already have a bow user, maybe I could combine with sand pirate? 

Edit: maybe I can save the pirate as another extra bonus?

What kind of fighting game do you want it to be? and rpg fighting style or like those tekken , street fighter style?

7 hours ago, kingdomslayer said:

What kind of fighting game do you want it to be? and rpg fighting style or like those tekken , street fighter style?

I like the concept of an RPG but I was thinking more in the style of Tekken and Street Fighter.

On 8/6/2018 at 5:12 PM, GreyOrange223 said:

Yeah slime might be hard to fit in the cyberpunk genre  with animating cyber characters or is it? The idea still sounds nice, I'd like a character that can change shape and morph. Maybe it could work after all. But what would it's design be?

So far I got a cyber warrior monk, sentient cyber gorilla, mad scientist, cyber soldier, alien, 

I want a huge giant guy but I can't think of what design would work for that.

Any suggestions for more character ideas? Thank you!

I don't have any particular idea in mind right off the bat for the type of characters you should implement, but based not the description you provided above it sounds like you're on the right track. How far are you in the development stage?

Very early stages. Movesets will take a very long time to combine. So it will be a slow process unfortunately.

One major character I'm having difficulty with is creating a Ryu based character. Someone similar to that of Street Fighter. Know any good themes I can look into for that inspiration?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement