• Advertisement
sprotz

Help in Naming my Games.

I am trying to figure out what to name some of my planned games so I need your ideas on what title to give them. You can give as many names per game as you like. The games are:

• A 3D platformer involving a rabbit as the main character whose name is this game's title ( What name should I give the character?)
  • A dino killing Sci-fi Fps where the protagonist also fights mutants, hominids and giant insects ( What should be the main character;s name?)
  • A 3D platformer involving a boy genius. What should be his name?
  • A detective/adventure/platforming hybrid. 
  • A martial Arts Beat em up action adventure. What should I name the main character who is Asian?
  • And an open world Adventure involving a Family of three/four. What should be the Surname of the family?

Advertisement

Seriously - it's better to give him name ideas he can freely use. Original ideas, not ideas that would require licensing. 

• Flubz.  Just "Flubz"
  • Cretaos (A mix of " Cretaceous" and "Chaos", better yet just go with Cretaceous Chaos, Paleolithic Panic, Triassic Trouble, something alliterated preferably with a dinosaur containing epoch and a synonym for an urgent situation, you get the idea.)  It's kind of hard to name the character without knowing the back story and who the character is supposed to be.  Is he a scientist or a soldier?  Why is he there and where did he come from?
  • Elementary School Edison, but that's not as good as Jimmy Neutron, if you can't procure the licensing to that intellectual property or somehow invent it before the owners Elementary School Edison is your next best bet.  Obviously his name would be Tommy.
  • Dick on the Beat.  A game about a detective on the beat.  Maybe work some kind of rhythm element into that one during interrogations or something.
  • With this one I would need to know a little more about the story so it doesn't end up sounding generic.  Give me another key point in the story or with the game mechanics.  We'll go with Tommy for the name of this character too.
  • This is another one some more of the story or setting would help come up with a good name.  All I can come up with currently is a million different variations of "The _____ Family" which sounds stupid. The surname should be "Quartlet" a deviation of the word quartet.

I hope this helps. 

8 hours ago, krb said:
  • Cretaos  It's kind of hard to name the character without knowing the back story and who the character is supposed to be.  Is he a scientist or a soldier?  Why is he there and where did he come from?

This main character is Persian. He is a hunter/warrior who exists in a post apocalyptic era where radioactive fallout has caused mutations that led to existence of mutants , giant insects. The Dinos were resurrected from a pre apocalyptic experiment and let loose after. The main character is among a Persian tribe that survived the apocalypse.

8 hours ago, krb said:
  • With this one I would need to know a little more about the story so it doesn't end up sounding generic.  Give me another key point in the story or with the game mechanics.  

It is about an Asian (Chinese/Japanese) martial arts expert who is harassed by a mob for something he did not do and goes on an adventure to clear the misunderstanding while fighting baddies with martial arts moves on different locations indoors and outdoor, using the environment and its objects to help beat his enemies.

8 hours ago, krb said:
  • This is another one some more of the story or setting would help come up with a good name.  All I can come up with currently is a million different variations of "The _____ Family" 

It is about a family in a cartoon GTA universe where they time travel to different city environments, prehistoric, future etc. My proposed surname would be "The Keatons" , but maybe there is something better?

And for the rest of the naming, Thank you. That actually helped me, especially the first entry.

16 hours ago, Tom Sloper said:

Seriously - it's better to give him name ideas he can freely use. Original ideas, not ideas that would require licensing. 

I was being funny

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, sprotz said:

This main character is Persian. He is a hunter/warrior who exists in a post apocalyptic era where radioactive fallout has caused mutations that led to existence of mutants , giant insects. The Dinos were resurrected from a pre apocalyptic experiment and let loose after. The main character is among a Persian tribe that survived the apocalypse.

It is about an Asian (Chinese/Japanese) martial arts expert who is harassed by a mob for something he did not do and goes on an adventure to clear the misunderstanding while fighting baddies with martial arts moves on different locations indoors and outdoor, using the environment and its objects to help beat his enemies.

It is about a family in a cartoon GTA universe where they time travel to different city environments, prehistoric, future etc. My proposed surname would be "The Keatons" , but maybe there is something better?

And for the rest of the naming, Thank you. That actually helped me, especially the first entry.

No problem, this is kind of fun.

• Umar Attar Mirzaii for the character name, either "Fertile Crescent" or "Eden Reborn" for the title of the game.
  • Tommy Kwan, really sticking with that name. Set it in either Hong Kong or Macau, maybe in the 50's or in modern Vancouver BC. Call the game "Inevitable Trouble", referencing the fact that the main character does not want trouble but the bad guys insist on giving him some and suffering grave consequences to their own physical well being as a result.
  • Name the surname "Krabbitz" and call the game "Bad Krabbitz'", From there it practically writes itself.

*it hit me just after posting, but "Delinquent Krabbitz" would be better. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by krb

On 8/14/2018 at 4:32 AM, Timothy Sharp said:

Jimmy Neutron

I liked that connection but I think that Jimmy Neutron is more kind of protected with rights, so if someone uses it they could be fined or jailed for that, just my two cents

Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to get away with trying to use Jimmy Neutron, that will definitely spark copyright issues, especially if the game becomes popular. It definitely would of been a bad @ss name though.

Thanks but I am still looking for a name for the Boy Genius. I like it to be unique and catchy, and makes it sound like a name for a nerdy kid.