My question about my fighting game protagonists

Started by
9 comments, last by GreyOrange223 5 years, 8 months ago

I can't seem to find it, since I thought I wrote it down before but I'll write it here. So my apologies.

My fighting game consists of robots, cyborgs, supernatural monsters, classic horror monsters, soldiers, martial arts and such.

Which idea sounds best for my main two protagonists?

1. A nun with good and evil powers and a flagellant warrior with a whip chain? 

2. A Tibetan warrior monk with snow Leopard spirit and a female freedom fighter soldier with robot k9 companion? 

Thank you, I appreciate anyone's advice. After this the ideas and designs for my game is completed. 

Advertisement

I prefer option 2.  Animal themes are cool, and Tibetan Buddhism is more interesting (i.e. less of a cliché) than BDSM Christianity.

Thanks for your opinion, I like that option too.

In case you are wondering. The nun and flagellant would be ex members of their order and carry some demonic race within them which gives them their powers so there would be no BDSM Christianity involved ;)

More closer to Paladin holy knight type warriors if anything. Sorry for any confusion.

probably the safer bet... Although the rogue nun and whipping jester makes a dangerous (and bad ass bold) statement that a certain society may react to unfavorably (or not). Getting some demographic stats on your target audience might be advised or at least considered from that point of view before finalizing your designs. Then swing back around and make sure your not offending outside your audience, which is probably worse because they weren't into you in the first place.  +1 for the first option here. That good and evil twist with the stinger backup, I'd almost say is genius.  

Some of these discussions I'm surprised were allowed to remain in Game Design and Theory and it's difficult to stay on that focus.

4 hours ago, GoliathForge said:

probably the safer bet... Although the rogue nun and whipping jester makes a dangerous (and bad ass bold) statement that a certain society may react to unfavorably (or not). Getting some demographic stats on your target audience might be advised or at least considered from that point of view before finalizing your designs. Then swing back around and make sure your not offending outside your audience, which is probably worse because they weren't into you in the first place.  +1 for the first option here. That good and evil twist with the stinger backup, I'd almost say is genius.  

Thanks.

They would be former nun and flagellant and it would be more like a warrior class religious order that deals with the fighting the supernatural not just a stereotypical church preying class. So they would both be trained to kill demons.

He's not a jester either as he would be a warrior half breed demon/angel that was punished by the high orders for his birth for what he is and his weapon of choice becomes a whip chain, the very thing used to beat on him as punishment for what he was born as and becomes the antihero flagellant. These are modern day to near future characters, as jester is something from medieval times. 

Does any of this sound very offensive? 

Is there any way I could make the flagellant more of an updated, modernized warrior fighter with speculation combat art  that uses a chain whip as a weapon as an antihero? 

Option 2 would work for me. 

Thank you for your option! 

I like your way of thinking my friend, seems as if you have a very unique way of coming up with your characters. If I had to choose between the two.. I would stick with the latter.. the warrior monk. It just comes off as appealing to me. 

?

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement