Add the ability to create Polls, coloured text

Started by
10 comments, last by khawk 5 years, 7 months ago

As the title suggests, this site needs a poll system just like the one in the Gamespot forum. And also a button to create coloured text and smileys instead of just having it done with code.

Advertisement

There is a poll system, but if I recall correctly it's only enabled in some forums - we generally discourage polls in favour of more in depth discussion.

There is a button for smileys.  On mobile it's been the underline and hyperlink options, I assume it's probably similarly located on desktop.

Coloured text is not available intentionally, as in 90+ % of cases it just makes posts harder to read rather than contributing anything useful.

Hope that's helpful! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

31 minutes ago, sprotz said:

smileys instead of just having it done with code.

It could be that you have to re-size your browser, making it smaller for the smileys to appear. 

Try making it slim like a mobile. :) :( ;) O.o It's not the most optimal way but it works.

What about adding coloured text on top of a black background as if to show code samples? 

Use the code block tool, like so:

# https://docs.python.org/3/library/itertools.html#itertools.groupby
groups = []
uniquekeys = []
data = sorted(data, key=keyfunc)
for k, g in groupby(data, keyfunc):
    groups.append(list(g))
    uniquekeys.append(k)

The code block tool is the <> icon. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

There are pro's and cons for coloured texts and smileys, they can be heavily abused

24 minutes ago, GD_Entertainment said:

There are pro's and cons for coloured texts

Mostly cons, I'm afraid. Gamedev hasn't always been dark text on light background, and theme changes tend to risk making manually-coloured text invisible.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

where are the smiley buttons? whatever my browser size, this is what I get

1743620228_noemojis.jpg.b4b0a7dc00f062969f6b0fd8cfc497e0.jpg

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

48 minutes ago, grumpyOldDude said:

where are the smiley buttons? whatever my browser size, this is what I get

You have to size it to look like a mobile screen:

Smile.jpg.c55d2327bea9797638fafbd1e7d0f066.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement