Last set of characters to complete my fighting game lineup!

Started by
8 comments, last by GreyOrange223 5 years, 7 months ago

These are my final characters and I'd love to hear opinions on your choices for them. And remember, this should be fun :)

One idea is a cyberpunk martial artist mad scientist that uses genetc's and dna hacking to hack other fighters dna fighting styles and combine them using dna, genes by hacking them Should I go with a male? Female? Or some kind of A.I  system character that is not human? 

A cyberpunk police officer with cyber shield, taser stun gun, stun grenade, pistol, shotgun, flying drones. Male? Female? And make it a rogue evil cop? Or a good guy?

A wraith based on Gaelic myth legends? Or wraith based on ancient samurai with demon blade?

Thank you everyone and all the devs for all your help and support! Hope you get to try it soon. Sorry for all the questions :(

Advertisement

Game design wise, I don't think the answers you are wanting to know carry a lot of "weight" in the game. Yes, stylistically, the above questions make sense. In the grand scheme, I think looking into how your ideas of move sets and influence of each character should be looked into. However, from an art standpoint (the standpoint where the above questions would have the most ground), the information you have everyone isn't even a lot for an animator to go off or show off personality.  I don't think there is much you or I can even decide or judge, that has any "weight" on your game, using the above questions.

Thank you for your response. So what can I do to improve upon it more?

Sounds like you have a good line up for your characters. For the cyberpunk police officer, I think you should make the character a rogue female. It sort of just fits the role as far you've described things. Looking forward to hearing more about how this game turns out.

Thanks. And I agree, I think making her a rogue cyber cop fits perfectly. 

And for the cyberpunk scientist martial artist, I decided to make her based more on scientific concepts, maybe something like absorbing characters moves and using it against them? I'll think of something. 

For the wraith, I might hold off on that idea for now since it's not really going anywhere at the moment. 

I want to add a female Indian guru that uses a sword whip and mystical tiger. How could I improve on this idea? Thanks. 

On 9/2/2018 at 4:58 AM, GreyOrange223 said:

Thank you for your response. So what can I do to improve upon it more?

If you want an opinion of the whole line-up, I would think you'd need to showcase how each character's moveset effect and reflect others in balancing; however, if you going for more stylistic advice, I think you should show concept sketches that question the clarity of the moves being used and how distinctive they are from one another.

Can I have a look on your whole character's line0up, it would be more easier to decide what to come out with with that :)

9 hours ago, NoviceOfProgramming said:

If you want an opinion of the whole line-up, I would think you'd need to showcase how each character's moveset effect and reflect others in balancing; however, if you going for more stylistic advice, I think you should show concept sketches that question the clarity of the moves being used and how distinctive they are from one another.

In terms of moveset, I don't have a complete list down yet and everything is in such the early stages. Same with the concept sketches, I would however love to put some sketch concepts up soon to give a better idea.

8 hours ago, kingdomslayer said:

Can I have a look on your whole character's line0up, it would be more easier to decide what to come out with with that :)

If giving you a list helps, then I'd be glad to show you them!

Here's some concept ideas for what the character I need help with. This is basically what the warrior "Ryu" guy from the Himalayan mountains would look like for my fighting game which I'm hard at working on. I think him being a warrior monk would suit best design wise and gameplay wise with a dragon theme. As you can see he would have a pretty muscular design and be a bit of a kung fu brawler style, mid range with either a big dragon sword or big dragon guandao blade. Is this a good concept?

p.s. I did not design these images. These are just examples of what he would sort of look like. Any opinions or feedback would be great, thank you.

i will have some of my own design of him up soon, so you can see these to get an idea for now where i'm headed with this.

481471_1342532824_medium.thumb.jpg.19d65d9e94901a6e06f88656cecd535c.jpgcrop_php.thumb.jpeg.2487c7203ef799a11169c94d24009909.jpegAkuso_Monk.png.63d063d5e51c51ea271248c6fac62945.pngCgo6_2WC_400x400.jpg.19e37e240a4b80ccd11abda29b31819a.jpg

Since I had two ideas of the warrior monk character, I was going to also add in the other monk design idea, which would be more of an agile monk, much faster, speedier gameplay, better at keeping a distant range, not so much close up. I figured to balance this out he could be more like that character similar to Ken of Street Fighter and he'd have more of a flashy design, I'd base him more around the Monkey theme concept. 

Again these are not my images, this is is an idea of how he'd kind of look, with a monkey long staff weapon. Any advice would help me a lot.

Can two monk warrior ideas work in a fighting game? Do these two concepts make them seem different enough from each other?

ab7ef38ba2f208f7c2d9ecfae1ecfc7b.jpg

images-2.jpeg

jay-wong-sunwukong-ok.jpg

0c921c436e3d7972d510aec27c13853b.jpg

ujzaFuU.jpg

0.29982800_1454823985_monk.jpg

monk_warrior_by_ekoputeh-d8gu9jn.jpg

g0bmzfh-800x445.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement