My First Video-Game Soundtrack

Started by
1 comment, last by Jordan Winslow 5 years, 7 months ago

Hey there fellow composers and sound designers! I recently finished my 1st OST for a video-game, titled "5 Heroes". The game is a Fire Emblem-type RPG game for mobile. I actually got in contact with the developer at a conference, where a follow-up email led to a commission for me to work on the entire soundtrack.

I'm curious what you all think of the songs? Are they cohesive and fit broadly within the same style? Was any instrument choice out-of-place?

I'm glad to hear your thoughts. I had a blast working on this title!

https://soundcloud.com/alecweesner/sets/5-heroes-complete-soundtrack

Alec Weesner | Video-Game Composer

www.alecweesner.com

Advertisement

Haha I literally JUST saw you over in the indie gamer forums! Glad to see someone else who uses their face as a profile!

I'm listening and I have to say this is exactly what I would expect the music to sound like in a Fire Emblem type RPG! Very clean production, solid percussion and you mix up the sequencing and arrangement frequently so it doesn't bore the player.

I think my favorite was firestone forest but I didn't have the time to listen to all of them. The arpeggios remind me slightly of Nobuo Uematsu who is my favorite composer, but less inspired and beautiful haha (the man is a legend so that's no insult)

Anyway, keep up the good work and good luck on finding more projects!

Electronic Music Producer, Composer & Audio Engineer

Free Commercial Use Music Downloads - My Story 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement