Thank You NeHe!

Started by
91 comments, last by skyfire360 21 years, 4 months ago
I fully agree!!! I don''t have a credit-card, so no donations from me, but I wish NeHe the very very best! NeHe, keep up the good work! Although you may want to keep a little rest right now. Those tutors will probably be online anyway....
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
Advertisement
Thanks NeHe, thanks a huge lot for everything you''ve made for us. Your site is not just an excellent site for learning OpenGL, NeHe. I hope you do realize that you have created the best place on earth to learn OpenGL. This site is the first link in the Coding part of OpenGL.org, meaning that even the creators of OpenGL consider that this site is the best place to learn OpenGL programming. It is where I started OpenGL too. I think it is where everyone does anyway.

I sure hope your problems get fixed soon. What you have done and are doing for the community is amazing, and we will never ever thank you enough for all that.

I have the feeling this thread is going to be really really long, and it is the least we can do to thank you.

THANKS JEFF !
--New feature - Windows users, press ALT-F4 to launch the IQ test.
It''s been quite a long while since I''ve posted here, but I always make a point of checking NeHe to see how his family''s going.

Jeff, I''m really sorry to hear about your Mum. I remember when my cousin was at the same stage, and it''s hell.

Thankyou for so much time and effort over the years. It will return to you, given time

Reading todays news did really give me an awful feeling, I feel sorry for you NeHe and I hope things get better with time. I''m kind of new into OpenGL API and programming itself, but this site has really given me lots of information and helped me a great deal through my short life of programming. I''ve been looking around for other good sites with tutorials and such to learn programming. But I couldn''t find any site NEARLY as interesting as this site you''ve made. You''ve made what I can see a perfect beginners programming site! And even with the Engine thing it also covers things for people who are a little further with programming. I admire all the hours you have spent on making this site, updating, programming and all that. You''ve had contests and I can go on and on about this forever =)

Thanks NeHe, You''re the greatest!

Kenneth Wilhelmsen
Try my little 3D Engine project, and mail me the FPS. WEngine
--------------------------
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This
disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder
I''d like to add my sympathy for what ur going thru as well. I''ve been here for a while and it has been terrible to hear his mum and brother getting worse and worse.

Things''ll get better NeHe, don''t worry.

------------------------------
Baldur K

"It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future."
--time travel explained by Rimmer (Red Dwarf)

"If you don''t gosub a program loop, you''ll never get a subroutine."
-- Kryten (Red Dwarf)
Cheer up man, you still got the life to make the best out of it, like alot of people out there, i was there in the begining reading your first statements about opengl programmers and how they were greedy not telling anything about the subject. You really inspired me knowing that you really started from the base and gone really far, i dont know if its because you have an easy time with all this 3d stuff but you really showed me not to let discouragement overtrow me. I always told myslef that if He can do it, so can I.

Never underestimate yourself and remember your a great deal to all of us !

May the code be with you Nehe...Forever !
May the code be with us !
Great tutorials, great site. I am glad to have finaly found a truly dedicated site that can, and in time will, take me from beginning to medium/advanced levels
The First...The Last...Have fun...
This site rocks. I ordered my CD about 2 weeks ago and I am looking forward to playing with the code.
I really appreciate all the hard work you have done to make this one of the best (if not the best) resources for OpenGL programming. I am new to OpenGL/graphics programming and find this site invaluable.
This community that you support is very creative and has given me tons of ideas. The demos are great and I hope to contribute to the next contest (with or without prizes).

I also wish you and your family the best. I will remember them and you in my prayers.

Thank you NeHe.
Hey! NeHe!!! You´re the best... this is the best OpenGL site in all the web... All of us are thanking you and even those who don´t post here any reply too...

Well... I wanna help.. but i don´t have my own money... I´m a student... But, I promess you that i´ll donate something sometime...

Sorry about my language... I´m from Argentina....

Well.. that´s all... all of us are with you... THANK YOU AGAIN!!! You are a great person! Don´t forget that!

See you soon and don´t stop looking forward... the time heals all pain....

Juan Pablo (this is my real name)...

=====================================Regards,Juan Pablo (McKrackeN) Bettini Psychoban Official Site:http://www.psychoban.comPsychoban on iTunes App Store:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/psychoban/id378692853?mt=8
I''ve never posted here before but I would, also, like to thank you for everything. Your tutorials and samples got me interested in graphics programming and programming in general. I''m graduating from high school this year and don''t think I would have been as enthusiastic about programming if it hadn''t have been for this site.

Thanks again,

Craig Austin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement