Need suggestions and ideas for this building design

Started by
4 comments, last by LorenzoGatti 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi,

Right now I'm developing a new game called Own The Record. Everything seems to go smoothly except game architecture and design of the main building. I suck at game designing, not gonna lie. I want the game to look as professional as it can, but with my skills the game is not going to look good. I really need your ideas and suggestions of how I could make this arcade store building look better. I'm trying my best, but it's just not enough.. so I need your help.

4photos.png

Advertisement

Moving to art forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I don't draw a lot of buildings so I'm no expert, but here's what I'd change.

First, the windows. I'd make them wider, maybe have two or three tall panes on each side so you can see inside better. Also it looks kind of like the windows are set right into the brick, which isn't how they're actually installed. Make a window frame around them. 

Second, the building front is very rectangular, which is fine, many buildings look like that, but it's not that interesting. You could make the top of the building more decorative or make the sign bigger so it overlaps the edge of the roof maybe.

The building looks a bit lonely too. Once you add some life to the scene it'll look better.

First of all I would give the arcade a name, maybe put it in a different font and have it appear larger above the word arcade, and have it list things like "arcade * ski ball * pizza" in a row underneath.  Have advertisements for in-universe products like soda in the window.  For the sides of the building make a strip mall that goes out both ways with fake stores on both sides, or maybe have the arcade inside an actual mall.  I have never seen an arcade all on its' own unless it was a Chuck-E-Cheese. Everything is really symmetrical as well.  Real life is messy.  Skew the door a little away from the center and place both windows next to each other with enough building space in between to have a visible brick/halfbrick pattern going between them.  I also agree with the other poster about frames for the windows, they usually cover the brick inlay and have a little lip that goes over the edge of the window.  Little things like an awning, trash can or bike rack outside would make it feel more lived in as well.

A whole building dedicated to an arcade looks strange. Arcades often occupy a small portion, either on the ground floor or an upper floor, of some residential or commercial building, including shopping malls.

Conversely, if you want a relatively large building for use as a game location you might choose a better looking general category, e.g. a diner that attracts the same youths as the arcade and has interesting architecture and furniture.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement