Good books for indie game developers?

Started by
2 comments, last by EddieK 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi, I want to improve myself as an indie game developer. This includes business, marketing, programming, motivation, ways of thinking and everything else related to indie game dev. So I was wondering what kind of books should every indie game dev read in his/hers lifetime?

What books helped you grow the most, learn the most and overall made the biggest impact on you?

Advertisement

If you're looking for a good book on the topic of indie game development, I'll recommend you a book i just finished reading not too long ago that I found really informative. "Game programming gems 8, by Adam lake". You should be able to find it on Amazon or maybe  barns and noble.

1 hour ago, Linksys said:

If you're looking for a good book on the topic of indie game development, I'll recommend you a book i just finished reading not too long ago that I found really informative. "Game programming gems 8, by Adam lake". You should be able to find it on Amazon or maybe  barns and noble.

I have heard about it and everyone seems to be praising this book series. So I think I'll give it a try. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement