Can Somebody Make Me A Game?

Started by
3 comments, last by jbadams 5 years, 7 months ago

Can Somebody make me a video game? But the only thing is I don't have money to give you iif you do. but you could sell it but I only ask that you credit me with the idea and that you send me a copy, please. 

The game idea is you are a lonely boy, who always feels lonely. you also get bullied a lot and your family does not seem to care about you. you start to feel depressed and is considering committing suicide. Then you decide to commit suicide. you walk into a store where you were going to buy stuff to commit suicide (this is a cutscene please).

This is when the game begins. you see a girl that was also depressed and lonely across the road. you run across the road (full of cars and trucks). You decided to talk to her then eventually, you both became friends. If it wasn't for your decision both of you could have committed suicide. But eventually, she started to use drugs. She became very ill. that's when you find out about her using drugs. now in the game, you must try and stop the person you love from using drugs. Or if you don't she will use drugs and eventually die leading to you committing suicide. but the road to stop her will be long and hard with many challenges to stop her from using drugs. 

also my email is NateIronLegend23@gmail.com

Advertisement

That is dark...

Is it just me or have we seen this idea previously presented in the last year or two. Feels familiar. 

Expect the default answer to be "no."  People need assurances that their efforts will pay off, and Not Paying Money puts a damper on that.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

Normally I would direct you to the Hobby Projects Classifieds forum, which is the place for unpaid recruiting...

But in this case, your request just isn't something that's at all likely to happen, so instead, I'm going to move you to our For Beginner's forum where people can explain why and maybe point you in the right direction.

People aren't going to spend their valuable time making a game for you without pay.  They just aren't.

There are people out there who have development skills but don't have ideas of their own, but they're generally looking for detailed mechanics and (if they want them at all) detailed words and stories.  What you've provided is the barest outline of a story with no mechanics at all - the kind of thing a would-be developer could come up with on their own in a couple of minutes.  To make your idea potentially appealing to someone you would need to expand on it in a lot more detail, both in terms of the setting and story (which you've just started to outline in your post) and how the game actually plays (which you haven't mentioned at all).  At the minimum, you would want to type it up nicely as a game design document.  Put in the work to expand on the idea and properly document it and someone with the required skills might be interested in collaborating - but it's still very unlikely.

The good news is there's another option: it's easier than ever to learn to create a game for yourself.  If that's something you're interested in, tell us a bit more about what sort of game you envision, and we can recommend how you might go about learning to make it a reality. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement