Could I make a Indie Comp?

Started by
4 comments, last by frob 5 years, 7 months ago

I want to make a indie comp, but I have never made a game before. Where can I start and learn C#?

Advertisement

What do you mean you "want to make a indie comp"?

Do you want to run a competition? 

Do you want to enter one?

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
1 hour ago, ChaosEngine said:

What do you mean you "want to make a indie comp"?

Do you want to run a competition? 

Do you want to enter one?

Company

17 hours ago, Timothy Sharp said:

I want to make a indie comp, but I have never made a game before. Where can I start and learn C#?

You are jumping many steps

Spend some years learning how to code, model and use tools like unity, unreal and/or gamemaker.  Think about the depth and complexity of the type of game you want to make... if its a fairly complex one then you have to work in a company for several months or a few years- so you have some experience on how everything comes together (you will also have to save some capital if you haven't got some already) 

If you think you need to employ a couple of helpers or so, you have to work out the type of contract agreement that best suits both parties, you have to acquire some 'peoples' skills and also how to run a business 

Then  you are ready to form your own indie company

There are several resources online and on this forum to learn each aspect that I mentioned

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

You need to define what you mean by an indie company.  A game is not a company. If you want a business, start with a business plan. Include how you intend to become financially stable, the probability of assorted major problems, the risks involved, and the costs. Include what markets you intend to enter, how you intend to gain a foothold, and what competition you face.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement