Music on the Same Computer While Programming?

Started by
20 comments, last by mr_tawan 5 years, 6 months ago

Frankly I'm amazed they ever invented computers that can do two things at once. Music AND programming? What's next? Driving and texting?

I never get how people listen to music while coding though, if I'm doing anything that requires even moderate thought it often seems distracting. Do you listen to music while doing math too? Then again I never get how people STREAM programming either, that would be incredibly distracting to me.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Satharis said:

Frankly I'm amazed they ever invented computers that can do two things at once. Music AND programming? What's next? Driving and texting?

I never get how people listen to music while coding though, if I'm doing anything that requires even moderate thought it often seems distracting. Do you listen to music while doing math too? Then again I never get how people STREAM programming either, that would be incredibly distracting to me.

It helps when you are in a room full of people who wants to interrupt you, or at least distract you. Personally I don't listen to music when working in a room alone. 

I agree that it's still difficult to focus when working with music on, especially if you're are serious listener who tends to analyze the music while listening (I am one of those). Even instrumental music does not help in this case. I probably have to move on to ambient music sooner or later LOL.

http://9tawan.net/en/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement