Help with creating characters for action/fighting game

Started by
16 comments, last by RevanT1 5 years, 5 months ago

Ok, though I actually have a few paths I could take with this.

1. Should I work on the one I just told you with the bad cop being her boss and finding out he murdered her partner and framing her for it, resulting her wanting revenge against him? 

2. Or the bad cop was her partner but after gaining cybernetic enhancements he got greedy and corrupted which she didn't trust him anymore, resulting in them as enemies?

3. Or after her partner went missing or supposedly killed, she then finds out he's alive after being saved by enhancements but is now become corrupted which would make them enemies?

Advertisement

Definitely option 2. Maybe the first one could be a little bit more dramatic, but I guess the second one will give you better lore and so deeper characters.

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

Ok this will work then.

And also since the female cop will have one or two sidekick cyber dogs, this could play into her ex partner the bad cop becoming frustrated with her for trusting her cyber dog or dogs more than him after his corruption? 

And I had this idea of a modern ninja soldier character. He would have an SAS style to him with military and martial arts training from around the globe. Problem is I wanted to give him a K9 companion sidekick to fit his loner character. But since the cybercop woman has the K9 thing, would it be better if I gave the ninja soldier a fox or wolf partner? Or just take away the K9 idea from the cybercop woman and just leave it for the ninja soldier? I just don't want to end up with similar clone characters. Thanks. 

I think the ninja idea is cool. Maybe the fox partner is better, but it depends on the abilities you'd give to it. It's really important to make special each every single character, in order to make the gameplay more interesting. So, other kind of characters would be welcome. Perhaps types of characters like: 2 soldiers, 2 cops, 2 ninja warriors, 2 mercenaries, 2 thieves, 2 guerrilla warriors, 2 bosses. And you can cross their histories to make the dramatic narrative. Thus, fightings would be interesting. Could be 2 types of gameplay: the Campaign Mode and the tournament mode. The first one will tell you the story of the character selected during 6 fights. The second one will be like a regular tournament where your character will fight against its enemies during 10 battles, for example. You could explain all the lore behind in two places: before the fight and around the fight, I mean, all the scenarios and the things the characters could tell themselves before start fighting.

What do you think? 

I think this would be cool!

I even had two versions of the character archetypes in mind like an evil female commando that uses knives and a male commando type that was part of her team that could maybe be a ammunition melee expert? They could be the "soldiers" or "mercenaries" but then I have an alien space marine which is like military but more "space marine" and a futuristic gunslinger male monster hunter idea, but that would fit more as a "monster hunter" group right? Cause I even thought of a female monster hunter too. And maybe that Australian spy lady I mentioned before would fit as a "spy agent" category.

I like the camgaign and torunament mode. I think it would help flesh out the characters more and give players more variety. 

I also have an idea with a warrior monk character with a Tibetan snow leopard motif and halberd pole staff. I also had an idea for another monk style character which would be his rival/friend with a cheetah motif and twin hook swords or Tibetan short sword. This could be a "warrior monk" class, only thing is would his rival/friend sound better as a male or female? Because I had an idea of a female Wudang style monk fighter with maybe a Tibetan white crane motif.

Oh and of course my viking crew and Greek crew. This has been confusing and difficult for me to decide because I thought of having a minotaur, a Greek statue fighter, an ogre and a small axe w/shield human viking. Which ones do you think would fit more viking and which more Greek spartan? Obviously the human viking would go with "vikings"

The serpent gorgon idea Ive been working on a while, she could be more Greek mythology? Or more Indian naga? Or save this one for a more reptilian experimental theme? Like a "reptile" theme where two reptilian creatures were created, one huge snake-like and another one more humanoid like a dragon hybrid thing?

Lol ok that's it now that was enough characters I listed.

Edit: Ok I decided to brush up on some of this, so if i'm using two characters for each archetype, so far I got the British female cybercop with the dogs and the ex partner cybermech cop. The ninja with the fox I think will work as foxes like to hide and sneak in spots, haven't decided what other ninja I can create but I'm leaning towards a female. The bad lady commando and a more duke Nukem kind of guy being two mercenaries. A Judge Dredd/Cyrax/Sektor male sci-fi soldier with a female super soldier, giving me at least two soldiers. A viking minotaur with a huge battle axe and a human viking with duel axes for viking warriors. A Greek statue and gorgon snake female spartan with spear and shield can be two Greek mythologies. An ogre I think will have to be part of another class. Maybe celtic warriors? And the experimental idea I will save for something else. Whoaooh that was a lot.

Thank you.

Well, now characters begin to be deeper and more interesting. I like the ogre idea, and with the greek statue maybe you could think of gargoyles, don't you? Game is getting more interesting, dude. Want to see more updates. Don't forget to create a new thread once you have all the concept idea, the character's description and the Game naming.

Thanks, glad you like my ideas. I had a gorgoyle in mind maybe from Eastern Europe territory. I think it will help if I list my ideas more in a separate thread for the character concepts and maybe I'll have a better understanding of them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement