What is the hardest thing you come across building a game?

Started by
23 comments, last by mr_tawan 5 years, 6 months ago

I want to what is a major problem that everyone goes through. I'm not talking about money or time, but if you got everything you need to bring your game to life. What are some problems you go through? or as an artist or programmer. Tell me. 

where to start. You ever feel like you have all the tools to build something, you just don't have the instructions pad with you? That's where I'm at. I'm stuck between all this knowledge I have to build a game. The story, plot weapons armor activities of what you can do in the game. But the only part I'm missing the tech part. Honestly I want to learn to a certain point but I don't want to spend my life learning code. I just want to make games. So I'm hear to learn

Advertisement

Polishing the game. I can make a game easily, done it before. But I have trouble putting in the little details that make people actually want to play it. That's why I wish I had an artist friend or something...so I could focus on the programming only and they could put all their time into the art.

If I had someone who did art like I do code (like 8 hrs a day) we would make quite a team.   O_o

Probably the non-programming parts such as setting up IDEs, APIs and dealing with differences in OSs.

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

Designing the models takes too much time and doing it alone is a hustle you will have to take sooner or later. Sure if money is no problem, we are talking bout hiring someone to work on your sketches and ideas, other than that, it is more time consuming that turning up with the logic behind the game :)

Finishing it.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Personally I think the bench mark any game designer needs to strive for, and is probably the hardest to achieve for most people, is making a game that is genuinely enjoyable.  If a game can bring joy to someone's life then it's a winner.

Staying motivated at times when i dont have time to make my game is the hardest thing for me.

As a matter of fact its the reason why i never completed making a single game in my entire life and are now left with a ton of prototypes.

wow. Thanks everyone. This really helps a lot. also for those who didn't complete their game. I hope you make something great and it comes out

where to start. You ever feel like you have all the tools to build something, you just don't have the instructions pad with you? That's where I'm at. I'm stuck between all this knowledge I have to build a game. The story, plot weapons armor activities of what you can do in the game. But the only part I'm missing the tech part. Honestly I want to learn to a certain point but I don't want to spend my life learning code. I just want to make games. So I'm hear to learn

Deadlines. "Engine, API, GAPI"-developers and vendors doesn't make games. Game hase 10% of engine code and 90% game code. When you come angry about tones of gameplay/graphics code. Take a look at Vulkan or OpenGL - tones of code just for render cube with texture. Take a look at physics engine - tones of code just for collision-response 2 meshes. Oh, yea, animations! OK, let's try make "a game".

Thanks. That really helps

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement