Help me find this game?

Started by
12 comments, last by Noel_Clarke 4 years, 9 months ago

Hi everyone,

If you could help me find this game it would be great. The game in question is a racer from the 90s, which I got on one of those demo disks, anyway here are the important details:

- It had a sort of isometric, top-down perspective,

- You could choose different cars,

- and most importantly I remember it had a snow track, and midway through the race a snowman would come and kick any passing cars.

I already tried looking for this game from time to time, and I can rule out Death Rally, Speed Devils and Super Speed. I also looked into abandonware sites, release dates and so far no luck. 

If anybody knows of this game, please share, 

Thanks.

Advertisement

It depends on the year and machine.  It wouldn't be BC racers, or something like that?

Oh no, you said top-down.  Micro machines for the megadrive?

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

It's for DOS maybe WIN9x, not any of the consoles, and I already ruled out Micro Machines. This game was around 90's when DOS was fading and Win 9x was emerging.

Dang, thats a tricky one.  There was a game called "Carnage" from 1993, but I doubt that is the one you are looking for...

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

Well, I talked to my buddy and he remembers. that it was definitely isometric, and he remembers that when you pass someone, the scoreboard was made of tires with 1st, 2nd written on them. Supposedly it was on one of those demo disks (He says Twilight, but I can't remember the name) when Tomb Raider came out but doesn't mean anything, because they used to bundle old games together.

Could it be Micro Machines? That's the only game i can come up with, quite popular back then and it had multiple levels think it had snow stage

It's not Micro Machines, I played that on Genesis (emulator), it had winter track, yes, but I can't remember anything else, aside from that and snowman that kicks your car across the track.

I know this, but need to be home to look it up. Did it have weapons you'd pick up during the race like machine guns and oil slicks? 

I think so, maybe.

I was thinking of death rally. I know there was a similar game that was isometric, but Ii'm not sure if it had a snow level.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement