Slopecrashers - Snowboard Fun Racing with Splitscreen Multiplayer

Started by
6 comments, last by byteparrot 5 years, 5 months ago

Slopecrashers is a snowboard racing game for home consoles that provides splitscreen multiplayer battles with up to four players. There are many unique customizable animal characters like lemurs, penguins and more with plenty of different boards to race on various environments such as snowy mountains or hot desert areas. To make the races a competitive experience, the game features many different items that can be collected throughout the courses and be fired at will.

Features:

• A variety of different worlds
  • Unique looking animal characters with different stats
  • Combat items
  • Multiple game modes
  • Unlockable customization options for characters, snowboards and gliders
  • Splitscreen multiplayer for up to four players
  • Release: 2019 (first on Nintendo Switch - later on other platforms)

Trailer:

Screenshots:

slopecrashers_003.thumb.jpg.751ea19f5dbfd185f6edd6a91748dd5e.jpgslopecrashers_005.thumb.jpg.0feef6c160a74eb07e2aaff145efc988.jpgslopecrashers_009.thumb.jpg.24dd75b3f910c927ab91a246993af3b3.jpgSlopecrashers16.thumb.jpg.db7f78d7ce69d471d74672591c0492ae.jpgSlopecrashers8.thumb.jpg.5c6660869337707c6a309cebd080fa51.jpg

Social Media:

Would love to hear what you think :D

www.byteparrot.com

Advertisement

I'm curious how long have you spend on making this game?
How many have you been on this project, and how many man hours have you approximately put into it?
Have you used a commercial engine, or made your own engine from scratch?
Why start with nintendo switch and why not online mode aswell?

8 hours ago, bilbo92 said:

I'm curious how long have you spend on making this game?
How many have you been on this project, and how many man hours have you approximately put into it?
Have you used a commercial engine, or made your own engine from scratch?
Why start with nintendo switch and why not online mode aswell?

Heyo,
the game is in the making since April 2018 by one guy (since two weeks ago two people and more coming soon).
hours are I guess between 1500 & 2000. 
For the engine we use Unreal. Switch because we want to embrace the couch coop mode and switch feels like it is the right place for this, but we may change the release schedule. Maybe we will put it on other platforms at the same time, but we have to think about it. Online mode may come, but we have not decided that yet and it also depends on if the community, that we are building right now wants an online mode.

www.byteparrot.com

Wow, this looks fantastic. I used to play Snowboard Kids on N64 a lot, and until I saw this, I didn't realize how much I missed cartoony snowboard racing games! :)

10 hours ago, kloffy said:

Wow, this looks fantastic. I used to play Snowboard Kids on N64 a lot, and until I saw this, I didn't realize how much I missed cartoony snowboard racing games! :)

Thank you ?
Hehe yeah I also miss these games. I used to play Snowboard Kids so much back in the day and no game ever came close to it (for me at least).
So I thought lets just make my own snowboarding game in the spirit of the old games but with many new things as well. ??

www.byteparrot.com

15 hours ago, byteparrot said:

Thank you ?
Hehe yeah I also miss these games. I used to play Snowboard Kids so much back in the day and no game ever came close to it (for me at least).
So I thought lets just make my own snowboarding game in the spirit of the old games but with many new things as well. ??

Well, the influence is certainly showing (in a very good way). It really captures that spirit, while at the same time looking original and fresh. Congratulations on taking things into your own hands and getting this far, that's impressive. I look forward to playing the game when it comes out!

17 hours ago, kloffy said:

Well, the influence is certainly showing (in a very good way). It really captures that spirit, while at the same time looking original and fresh. Congratulations on taking things into your own hands and getting this far, that's impressive. I look forward to playing the game when it comes out!

Thank you for the kind words :)

www.byteparrot.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement