What are you working on?

Started by
31 comments, last by RhinoBladeX2 4 years, 11 months ago
On 10/15/2018 at 8:52 AM, deltaKshatriya said:

Ugh, too many of us are competing for world domination on GDNet, this is complicating my own plans...

If I get to rule the world, you will get a little dog basket bed.  With your name on it!!!!

On 10/13/2018 at 2:39 PM, jbadams said:

and a manga outside of your job must be keeping you pretty busy!

I forgot the manga.

So yes I am working on this manga.  Takes place in the future, Japan.  Can't give too many details, but here are some teasings.

snapped01_001_cleanb.thumb.jpg.dcb0ceb64c5b23dad74c337b4655ea11.jpg(Right-to-left reading.)

The panels will read roughly:
Top row: She is walking, minding her own business.  A flash catches her attention in the 2nd row.
Middle row: Everyone is surrounding her, taking her picture.  Then suddenly they all stop and go on about their businesses.
Bottom row: She falls.  "What?  How could this-?  Why me?  How??"  She pulls out her phone.  A man answers.  "Hi honey.  Are you crying?  What happened?"  Satomi replies, "I've been snapped."
First panel (upper right) needs to be redone as this takes place in the future on a very changed Earth.

The lovely young woman minding her own business after her shift at the hospital is Satomi.

satomi_design.thumb.jpg.6bf68a45b12a3698a535591edfeab30e.jpg

Her husband:

akihiro_designb.jpg.153968af95f1c299d400255d01f17aeb.jpg

Hospital guard:
security_guard_design.thumb.jpg.47b000ee26969a1ec29724c3d7838855.jpg

The friendliest non-suspicious janitor you ever saw:
janitor_design.thumb.jpg.bcceb116b1d73099e1ccbd3a9c33cea1.jpg

If there is a hero to this story obviously this guy either is or is not that hero.  Obviously.

Also working on a superhero web comic:

LNfinal.thumb.jpg.717ef2b294231ff3f3cc1a9b0e39770f.jpg

494406237_texto3(1).thumb.jpg.f149ef41de10241097029596360e00e5.jpg

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Advertisement
19 hours ago, L. Spiro said:

If I get to rule the world, you will get a little dog basket bed.  With your name on it!!!!

Well then. If rule the world, then I'll make sure you get a larger dog basket bed with your name on it, since I'm going to be 2% more generous as a world ruler!

19 hours ago, L. Spiro said:

We really do have similar aims....this is eerie. 

Though to be fair, my web comic isn't super hero and it's mostly CG :D

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Here's a teaser of my comic btw:

ghosts58Poster.thumb.jpg.10abf5a83b67971210fc827150a5f1a9.jpg

I'm still exploring ClipStudio art so I can draw my original characters digitally. 

Currently working on foose wheels installation. I'm excited to try this out. 

I'm creating placeholder assets to help nail down mechanics for my game, after which time I'll hand off the spritesheet to a competent artist.

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

On 10/22/2018 at 9:52 AM, deltaKshatriya said:

Here's a teaser of my comic btw:

ghosts58Poster.thumb.jpg.10abf5a83b67971210fc827150a5f1a9.jpg

You forgot to tell me all the details about the plot.  Go ahead, I have my notebook.

Muhu- muhu- MUHUHAHAHAHAHAAA!
Mu- mu- muhuHAHAHAHAHAA. Mu- mu- mwahahahahahaaaaaa!!!  MWAHAHAHAAmu-mu-MWAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

On 10/19/2018 at 4:31 AM, L. Spiro said:

I forgot the manga.

So yes I am working on this manga.  Takes place in the future, Japan.  Can't give too many details, but here are some teasings.

snapped01_001_cleanb.thumb.jpg.dcb0ceb64c5b23dad74c337b4655ea11.jpg(Right-to-left reading.)

The panels will read roughly:
Top row: She is walking, minding her own business.  A flash catches her attention in the 2nd row.
Middle row: Everyone is surrounding her, taking her picture.  Then suddenly they all stop and go on about their businesses.
Bottom row: She falls.  "What?  How could this-?  Why me?  How??"  She pulls out her phone.  A man answers.  "Hi honey.  Are you crying?  What happened?"  Satomi replies, "I've been snapped."
First panel (upper right) needs to be redone as this takes place in the future on a very changed Earth.

The lovely young woman minding her own business after her shift at the hospital is Satomi.

satomi_design.thumb.jpg.6bf68a45b12a3698a535591edfeab30e.jpg

Her husband:

akihiro_designb.jpg.153968af95f1c299d400255d01f17aeb.jpg

Hospital guard:
security_guard_design.thumb.jpg.47b000ee26969a1ec29724c3d7838855.jpg

The friendliest non-suspicious janitor you ever saw:

If there is a hero to this story obviously this guy either is or is not that hero.  Obviously.

LNfinal.thumb.jpg.717ef2b294231ff3f3cc1a9b0e39770f.jpg

494406237_texto3(1).thumb.jpg.f149ef41de10241097029596360e00e5.jpg

L. Spiro

I love your character designs. 

Currently working on foose wheels installation. I'm excited to try this out. 

On 10/23/2018 at 4:53 PM, L. Spiro said:

You forgot to tell me all the details about the plot.  Go ahead, I have my notebook.

You mean for my comic, Ghosts '58? That's an awfully large amount of laughing for someone taking notes....but ok.

The comic is actually in the same universe a novel I'm writing is set in. It's a fictional world, where about half of the world is shrouded in a barrier, separating the area designated by the Gods as Narkha (Hell), but the civilization has largely forgotten if the Gods themselves were real or not, and only really has religious beliefs. I don't want to write the whole plot here of course, wouldn't be any fun if I did, now would it ;) . The comic itself is set in a World War 1/2-esque conflict and follows a fighter squadron known as the Ghosts. It's like Inglorious Basterds meets Band of Brothers, so the concept of Inglorious Basterds with the tone of Band of Brothers.

The novel dives far more into the world building itself.

:D

My main focus is an Android game, which I am eager to share but because I eventually plan to release it on Google Play at some point...I'm wondering if its a better idea to keep it underwraps until its done...

In other news, I've been working on a new site( see my signature below ) dedicated to Megadrive programming with SGDK, intended to be a companion to the Github wiki tutorials.  Although my time spent in SGDK was ultimately rewarding, it was very difficult due to the lack of tutorials and so I thought others may benefit with more material to work with.

Also included on the site are tabletop gaming projects, most notable is my attempt to recreate the old classic "Space Crusade" game by MB games and GW - which is purely for fun.  I'm playing around with the idea of using tablets and smart phones where the event card deck could be a phone app, and the mission progress stuff can be recorded and displayed on a tablet. 

Oh.  Gaming wise I am on my first run of MegaMan X2 on the SNES - the gauntlet has been thrown down in challenge!  The bosses are s*** heads of the highest order, but I can lay claim to defeating Violen on my first try.  Much better game than I first thought it was.

Spiro - love the manga work! ^_^

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:31 PM, L. Spiro said:

He's the Hero :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement